• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How do I prevent wheel wobble?

I get what you say here and appreciate the idea however the insulation tape is actually providing more resistance than the polished or machined surface of the internal bead ring.

Okay got it. Thanks for clarifying. Is there a lot of open area between the outer sides of the foam and the inner sides of the tire side wall? I think I recall seeing a company that makes inserts (looks like little discs) that you stack to make up an void space on the inner and outer sided of the wheel foam.

Next question, do you have a complete other set of tires/foams/wheels to experiment with to see if it happens with those?

Lose the wheel weight so the inner foam can grip the wheel like it's supposed to. Spray glue the inner and outer foam together and party on

Okay got it. Thanks for clarifying. Is there a lot of open area between the outer sides of the foam and the inner sides of the tire side wall? I think I recall seeing a company that makes inserts (looks like little discs) that you stack to make up an void space on the inner and outer sided of the wheel foam.

Next question, do you have a complete other set of tires/foams/wheels to experiment with to see if it happens with those?

CI tuning discs:

https://crawlerinnovations.com/deuces-wild-single-stage-4-50-tuning-disc-set-4/

I had the same problem. I just removed the stick on weights from my beadlock rings and it fixed it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This issue comes up periodically and I always share my fix. I cut grooves on the OD of the ring to give the foam something to grip. I really don't know why the wheel manufacturers don't do this from the get go.

Attachments

• 20180119_120435.jpg
    20180119_120435.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 20180119_120507.jpg
    20180119_120507.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I just had this same issue with predator hyrax on vanquish wheels. I had better luck with the stock foams. I just swapped to the Ottsix Halo and its much better. The sidehill control is incredible, just because the foams aren't sliding around in wheels.

Back