• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Horizon Hobby buys Proline Racing

Anyone notice that a lot of proline crawler bodies have been discontinued? I hope that’s not a sign of what’s to come. I really hope we’re going to get a bigger better selection soon but I’m damn impatient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't. But now you've got me paranoid so I ordered another Power Wagon and 4runner body for up and coming builds.

I’d been wanting a deadbolt’66 Bronco body for a long time. Finally decided to pull the trigger, discontinued. Was able to get one on eBay luckily. But then I started going through their current list then legacy list and the legacy list has a lot of bodies that were available just a few months ago.

Could be to save money on Licensing...If Horizon already is paying licensing for their Jeep bodies, no reason to have Pro line have to pay licensing for theirs as well so they drop one of the other maybe?

I'm not hearing good things. Horizon was supposed to let Pro-Line be Pro-Line, but I'm hearing this isn't the case anymore.

Uh oh. Time to stock up?

I hear some bodies would be discontinued but I think only Dodge Ram Charger has been so far, as far as crawler bodies anyway.

I'm not hearing good things. Horizon was supposed to let Pro-Line be Pro-Line, but I'm hearing this isn't the case anymore.

l8j2W2F.gif

I am also disappointed in losing bodies like the Sumo (dang, was planning to someday make a replica of my Dad's "retirement" rig!) - BUT...........

I'm sure with the Horizon Hobby resources, we will be seeing a BOOM in new releases - just give 'em a little time to get organized!

And I'm sure everyone that's watched them over the years remembers that Pro-Line has ALWAYS discontinued cool bodies left and right.

It's unfortunate that what you or I might really love may not sell worth a damn compared to some of their other bodyshells.

Last edited:
I am also disappointed in losing bodies like the Sumo (dang, was planning to someday make a replica of my Dad's "retirement" rig!) - BUT...........
grab a Sumo quick, they're still in stock at Proline's site and possibly elsewhere

grab a Sumo quick, they're still in stock at Proline's site and possibly elsewhere

I just was checking, Horizon Hobby has 'em on sale on fleaBay.

(ordered)

That one will sit on a shelf for a long time..."thumbsup"

It's unfortunate that what you or I might really love may not sell worth a damn compared to some of their other bodyshells.

That’s what it comes down to, I myself owning a ‘66 Bronco would love to see a bunch of early Bronco options. But money talks and what sells. I’m all good with options, but still sucks when you find something you like and it gets tossed lol

Uh oh. Time to stock up?

I hear some bodies would be discontinued but I think only Dodge Ram Charger has been so far, as far as crawler bodies anyway.

Wow - that was one of their NEWEST bodies...

(not that there was much love for it, on here at least - they coulda done better, IMHO)

As long as they dont dump the mold the bodys have a chance of coming back its not untill the molds are lost that there truly discontinued

I hear ya on that, but I'm trying to remember if they have EVER reissued an older body...:cry:

My first choice for reissue - the Recon:

602_4_.jpg

While I like their bodies quite a bit, I'm hoping they don't mess with their tire compounds. You know... cut a little cost here, cut a little cost there, and maybe G8 will no longer be G8...

I hear ya on that, but I'm trying to remember if they have EVER reissued an older body...:cry:

My first choice for reissue - the Recon:

Proline has brought back some of the discontinued truck bodies that are popular in the monster truck segment. I’m not sure what triggered that to happen. ROWDY RACING may know better if he sees this.

While I like their bodies quite a bit, I'm hoping they don't mess with their tire compounds. You know... cut a little cost here, cut a little cost there, and maybe G8 will no longer be G8...

That would be horrible because the G8 is the best compound out there.

I hope the rumors you’ve heard aren’t true. Proline is one of the last, great RC companies with products made in the USA. Tires would be so easily outsourced and I’d despise Horizon if that ever happened.

What’s up guys? Sorry all. I’ve been nearly absent from RCC the past few months. COVID has somewhat reignited American manufacturing so I went from having some free time at work nearly everyday to being absolutely swamped. On top of that my girlfriend and I are looking to buy a house in what is one of the all time worst markets for a buyer. Lots going on right now and I haven’t touched RC’s since February or so.

Wondered where you were, glad your both safe. I’m “essential” so work has been a blessing, with extra pressure.

Hang up and Drive

Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate that! We are both safe. I hope you and yours are healthy as well. My girlfriend and I are both “essential”. She never missed a day. My employer voluntarily shut down for a few days before being deemed “essential”. My doctor urged me to work from home because of my vulnerability and work allowed that for about four months, but I’m back now.

Back