• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Honcho and Dingo update (sort of)

MarkThomas

Pebble Pounder
Finished the Honcho kit a few weeks ago and just got the used Dingo from a member here.

The Dingo came with Duratrax Evader shocks and Proline 2.2s outfitted with Proline Hammer tires. As you can see from the pics, the Dingo is in pieces waiting for stock shocks and 1.9 Flat Irons to show up (from a member here as well) as well as a new radio that arrives today. Also, you can see my 6-year-old has added the required Transformer stickers to his almost-ready-to-go Dingo. Will be a blast driving around together.

When I received the Dingo, I basically took it apart to clean it and remove some add-ons the previous owner had (cage and the aforementioned shock and tires) put on. When I took the wheels apart, I decided to give the beadlock rings a spray of flat white paint to set them off a bit. Also, since a couple of the screws are stripped, they don't seem to hold a bead very well, so will have to address that when it comes time for the snow to fly and the 2.2s to make an appearance.

Since the Dingo has a six-light bar, I stole its stock lights and put them on the Honcho. Now, I don't have to pay extra for lighting on the Honcho, even though I really wanted lights I could turn on/off at the radio. Oh well, I can live with "always on" lights, and they are a great addition! I wish the kits came with lights like the RTRs do.

The Dingo already had some other upgrades (servo, homemade links), so it is pretty well good to go once the new radio arrives. I will, however, be adding Axial links at some point, I think. Also, both trucks will probably end up with MIPs when necessary as well.

I have red steering links coming for the Honcho, so the Dingo will get the Axial steering links currently on the Honcho. It is fun having two rigs you can swap parts on...almost more fun than driving them!

Looking forward to playing with the kid and the SCX10s in the coming days.

DSC06065Medium.jpg

DSC06067Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
I'm hoping my 3 year old (almost 4) will be ready next year for his own truck. Last time out he finally would listen a bit more and not go WOT all the time. I can't wait until we can go drive together without it being a crash up derby.
I was thinking about adding one of those 6 light bars to my Honcho and having it run off 9v with a switch. Still not radio switched though.

Yeah, driving with the kids is the most fun. My 6-year-old knows to go "nice and steady", so it won't turn into bumper cars...and I wouldn't let it, these are too expensive for that!

I threw the Dingo together last night with the 2.2s and stock motor/gearing. The thing is HUGE, fast, and not much of a crawler. Looking forward to stock parts and maybe a gearing/motor change.

Back