• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hilux/SCX10 Build

billwill

Hilux/SCX10 Build - Pictures & Video

Hey all,

Been a long time lurker and stalker for the past few months as I've gotten into the hobby. I've been using this site for inspiration and ideas and figured I'd share some pictures of my build that I've been working on for the past month or two. It started as a RTR SCX10 deadbolt and I quickly began hacking it apart. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the early Toyota trucks so I went ahead and started working to fit the Tamiya Hilux body to the chassis. After several weeks of running the body, I got tired of the truck bed so decided to convert it to a truggy and in the process, picked up the (ever so lacking, admittedly - I'm no expert at it) skill of brazing.

Mods so far:
  • battery relocated to front/top
  • receiver and esc waterproofed via balloon mod
  • gmade external resevoir shocks (103mm front/93mm rear)
  • custom truggy rear cage (crappy brazing done by yours truly)
  • tamiya hilux cab
  • rc4wd light kit
  • deadbolt body lights mounted as tail lights
  • 55t motor

Thanks for looking.

PS - Wasn't sure whether to post this in the 1.9 or scx10 forums, decided to post here in 1.9 since its not a true scx10 anymore.

Short Video of Some Snow Crawling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/joLQiuDP3zs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pics:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Wmengers/embed/slideshow/SCX10-Hilux"></iframe>

Last edited:
Back