• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

High Trail F-150 build log

Weighted Diff Skid

gEqLK1P.jpeg

Just got done with this mod. I re-shaped a traxxas skid to have a shallower angle and end just below the steering link.

xuYLOn6.jpeg

Lose a little clearance under the diff, but also slides up and over instead of getting stuck on that square edge.

XX2QX3j.jpeg

Used tungsten putty to fill in the space behind the skid. Went from 7g to 18g. I'm chasing a 60/40 weight bias, this mod got it from 56/44 to 57/43.

Electronics/Drivetrain Setup

After messing around with running an fcx24 2 speed transmission, and trying brushed and brushless motors on that setup, I decided I didn't like it that much. Too much weight and complexity with not enough performance gain to justify it.

So this is what I'm sticking with: Furitek Cedar motor, original transmission, mofo rc rockwolf esc, dumbo rc rx and tx, Meus 8.5kg servo, spektrum 300 mah 3s battery.

Transmission has the Injora 24.4:1 ratio gears which I like a lot. The ratio is a great match for this motor. Also running 9% overdrive front axle gears, and 16% underdrive rear.

CWeJbvM.jpeg

Semi-Custom bed cage

Still a work in progress. I may end up trying my hand at building something from scratch out of styrene. This is pretty close to the idea in my head, but the light buckets I think are too large. The roll bar with the lights is from a cr18p, and the back half is from an Atlas 6x6. It's mounted temporarily using some other bits from the atlas. Those middle cage bars come down at the rear edge of the wheel well, so that'll take some figuring out.
taYCaUo.jpeg

DcR54ht.jpeg

Nice work overall man. I like the roll bar lights but I see what you mean about the light buckets looking a bit big. I will say for me the rear legs would have to go, the main part of the bar looks the part for the old roll bars but the extra legs are bit odd but obviously beauty in the eye of the transmitterholder...... or however that goes :ROFLMAO:

Back