• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

High Pitch ESC/Motor noise with throttle

Hybrid34

Hi all,

New member here, just purchased my first crawler a few days ago.

Axial Jeep Casie Currie Edition.

I'll put up a formal intro later once I get some pictures up.

This is a RTR model, out of the box it seems to make a high pitch noise when moving forward or backwards, seems like the ESC or motor. Almost like a dog whistle / High pitch frequency?

It drives my bird bat crazy and after a while gets pretty annoying. Is this normal behavior for the RTR setup?

Cheers,
Ash

It is probably normal. The ESC uses pulse width modulation to control the motor speed. This will cause the motor windings to ring and make a high pitch sound. It is also how the ESC generates the tones when it is arming.

However the only way for us to be able to tell if it is normal or not would be for you to post a few seconds YouTube video with the sounds.

Does it have to be noisy? You're going to make me look that "pulse width modulation" thing up now.
I know what you mean by the animals not liking it much, my dog will start to howl at mine sometimes....but not all the time though.

The Holmes hobbies brxl esc has a quiet mode setting which eliminates the sound. I still think it's weird that my truck no longer makes the noise I was so use to it.

It is normal for esc to do that mine has done that since day 1 something might help is a different esc like a Traxxas xl5 when I get tiered of the nose in mine that is probably what I will do.

Back