• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HH Puller 400/500/CRAWL/FLOW

84yoda

I wanna be Dave
Not sure if the Bully section is ideal, I would probably get more answers in XR or Berg but oh well. Anyways, I'm getting ready to order some motors, at first I was thinking 500 crawl but now I'm pretty set on the puller 500 flow. Reason being is its more powerful over the crawl but also because it has the best drag brake (can anyone confirm this?). But Im kinda curious about the 400 flow power wise. I know its not a 500 but comparing to say a crawl master expert, is it more/less/even with that power wise? What's the 500 power wise comparable to?

Thanks. "thumbsup"

You will be happy with either the 500 or 400. I have run both.
The flow gives you better start up than the crawl from what I was told when I got my first set of 500. They were awesome motors that I sold to a guy in r club who still runs them 3 yrs later.

The 16t 500 did have crazy smooth start up and decent wheel speed, I was super happy with this motor
I run a 450mah 3s battery.

I switched to a 13t 400 to lose alittle weight.
This is Also a great motor super smooth on start up, I would say the 500 was a hair better, but not enough to talk about.
Both motors had good wheel speed, the 400 had a bit more of course due to a lower T rating.
The 500 had more power when u got bound up, but again not enough to worry about.

Just my 2 cents

Hey guys I'm looking at the 400 and 500's myself.
You'll are saying "flow" I see "regular" and "team" 400 and 500's on HH site... so what's the "Flow" mean?

Regular = crawl and Flow = team ?

PLLR500 114.99 (regular) or PLLR500T 124.99 (team)

I'm looking at 500's my thinking is because my rig is almost 5lbs... can being longer for some reason this equal less stress on motor..
I base this thinking on nothing just my thoughts. (I'm probably wrong) someone set me straight.

Last edited:
You will be happy with either the 500 or 400. I have run both.
The flow gives you better start up than the crawl from what I was told when I got my first set of 500. They were awesome motors that I sold to a guy in r club who still runs them 3 yrs later.

The 16t 500 did have crazy smooth start up and decent wheel speed, I was super happy with this motor
I run a 450mah 3s battery.

I switched to a 13t 400 to lose alittle weight.
This is Also a great motor super smooth on start up, I would say the 500 was a hair better, but not enough to talk about.
Both motors had good wheel speed, the 400 had a bit more of course due to a lower T rating.
The 500 had more power when u got bound up, but again not enough to worry about.

Just my 2 cents

Ok thanks. What about drag brake? What had the best drag brake out of all the pullers you have tried? And what's the power on 400 and 500 comparable to? Is the 400 like a regular 540 and 500 has more or...?

Hey guys I'm looking at the 400 and 500's myself.
You'll are saying "flow" I see "regular" and "team" 400 and 500's on HH site... so what's the "Flow" mean?

Regular = crawl and Flow = team ?

PLLR500 114.99 (regular) or PLLR500T 124.99 (team)

I'm looking at 500's my thinking is because my rig is almost 5lbs... can being longer for some reason this equal less stress on motor..
I base this thinking on nothing just my thoughts. (I'm probably wrong) someone set me straight.

Crawl and flow are under the option of the turn you want under 400 or 500. 3 slot or 5 slot.

Crawl and flow are under the option of the turn you want under 400 or 500. 3 slot or 5 slot.

Thanks, so I went and looked at the options. So my guess is
Crawl = 5 slot armature
Flow = 3 slot armature

Is this correct?

Thanks, so I went and looked at the options. So my guess is
Crawl = 5 slot armature
Flow = 3 slot armature

Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. I run a (single) Puller Crawl 500 13t in my Bomber. It's 540 size and has plenty of power for my rig and super smooth startup. It's been a great motor and I've put 200+ hours on it over the past year with zero issues.

The drag brake on both of these motors are good, you won't have a issue with either motor.

The flow seem to have a better start up than the crawl version, But the crawler version has more pop IMO.

If i was to order another set i would order the Team 400 puller either the 13T or 16T in a crawler version with the XX or XXX Wire

Yes, this is correct. I run a (single) Puller Crawl 500 13t in my Bomber. It's 540 size and has plenty of power for my rig and super smooth startup. It's been a great motor and I've put 200+ hours on it over the past year with zero issues.

I did not know the brushed pullers came in a normal size 540 can, I know the Brushless pullers do.

Not 100% on this but i think the flow is the 5 slot Amrature and the 3 Slot is the crawl, i only say this because when i bought my Brood Nexus motors i wanted the smooth start up and was told to get the 5 slot for smooth start up and knowing my HH Flows were better on start up then the Crawler version i had.

Either way there both great motors "thumbsup""thumbsup"

If you look at the crawlmaster pro, its a 5 slot armature and the options are 11, 13, 16, 20T. So I would say the crawl is 5 slot and flow is 3 slot.

From HH site: "5 slot armature- offers the finest low speed control and efficiency".

Ok just got off the phones with some people at holmes. I got the answers I wanted so I'll share it here.

The 400s have a hair less power then a 540 and the 500s are a hair more then a 540. The 500s do have thicker cans and so a better drag brake. The flows do have a hair more torque while the crawl will handle/have more revs.

So I think I will stick to my original thought and go with the 500 flow 35T. Because its got the most power and a little better drag brake and I already have 35T in it now and I don't need anymore wheel speed.

Hopefully this will help some people since there isn't a ton of info like this out there.

Nope, they went out of stock and Im still waiting for them to come back in stock. They keep saying end of this week, oh end of next week ect ect, yet still nothing.

Back