• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help with mods for my xr10. What parts and what order to get them in.

Fly Krisco

Pebble Pounder
Ok. I got an xr10 in a trade. After about a week I built a rock course in my backyard. I started crawling that course and now I'm finding that the racing I was doing has slowed to a crawl. :lmao: It's safe to say that crawling has replaced my racing.

I need to build a rig that is capable of competing out of my xr.

So here's my question to you guys. What upgrades do I need for my xr to get the most bang for my buck and what order should I get them. I'm thinking cabless chassis, then axle upgrades. But what chassis? Do I want the mantis or something more traditional.

My xr has a Novak m2 and turnigy 45 turn motors and associated servo that barely cuts it.

Here's a pic of my course in the backyard.
1C335304-DB6D-420A-8DD1-390BE1B63F94-1612-0000032F8AA3DD7F_zpse66df484.jpg

1EB1FE0F-E192-4EE7-9CF6-5C595A52C095-1612-0000032F9C5367C7_zpse7d55404.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Help with mods for my XR-10. What parts and what order to get them in.

Follow the link, then read Harley's thread (it's a sticky in the XR-10 section) and learn.

Then, in order.......

I would do the cheap/free mods (shim the main gear, screw mod in the axle case) and run your rig.

Next would be replace the upper links, either the Axial aluminum or home-made aluminum.

Servo, get a HiTec 7950 with an external Castle 10A BEC & GHRacing clamping aluminum servo horn.

Replace the M2 dig with dual FX-R's or Castle Sidewinder Micro's, may need to upgrade radio to run dual ESC's & mixing/dig. A hacked GT3B/GT3C is a good way to go & what I run.

Later would be decent 3S LiPO, ~600mah 35C+, 2 35T brushed motors for a bit more speed.

The stock chassis is decent until you get a lot better.

Upgrade parts as they break.

Back