• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help building my Krazed Un-stuck crawler

Yes 5mm on both ends. Axial always has had the same size they just wised up and started using pin style input and outputs rather than set screws.

I had both a t and e maxx once upon a time. The older t maxx drivelines are 5mm with flat sides. It's a simple deal to drill them round for the use on axial rigs.

Thanks for the assistance again White-Trash! "thumbsup"

Tonight's late night order :lmao:...

PIT BULL 2.2 Rock Beast II Scale Crawler Komp Kompound tires (was looking for a all around good tire to start with)

and

Crawler Innovations Double Deuce 2.2- 5.5” Narrow Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer for the back and Soft for the front

What wheels are you going to run, that will dictate which foams to run as far as width. Rock beast II are a 6" tall tires so 5.5" foams are too small.

What wheels are you going to run, that will dictate which foams to run as far as width. Rock beast II are a 6" tall tires so 5.5" foams are too small.
The 2.2 fiberglass ones from krazed builds we talked about.

I saw a video by crawler innovation that said 5.5 can be used with the rock beast tires if a softer setup is what you want. Or so I think lol.

Here's the page, look under product video.

http://crawlerinnovations.com/double-deuce-5-5-narrow-comp-cut-inner-medium-outer/

Let me know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

to be save regarding the foams you could order the 6.0 DD. They have an additional ring which you can use or not. without the additional ring they are 5.5.:mrgreen:

to be save regarding the foams you could order the 6.0 DD. They have an additional ring which you can use or not. without the additional ring they are 5.5.:mrgreen:
Re read to make sure I got it right and Magic is spot on. He's right in the way I should have gotten the 6 so I got the extra outer ring that I could easily taken off and have the 5.5 but I already ordered the 5.5 and personally im not worried since I'm a beginner and not competing....at least not yet. Maybe after I get out of the enemy state of ny and move to PA I may get more involved.

The only advantage to an extended output is if you have a driveline that's too short and all extended outputs I'm aware of are made of better quality steel so they are much stronger than stock.

The only advantage to an extended output is if you have a driveline that's too short and all extended outputs I'm aware of are made of better quality steel so they are much stronger than stock.

That's not entirely accurate.

Extended outputs make more room for larger spur gears

That's not entirely accurate.

Extended outputs make more room for larger spur gears

Correct. I never think that way since most of the extended outputs I see in crawlers have it to the back. Especially with an unstuck chassis since the trans is biased to the front so n extended front output would make for a crazy short driveline.

I run 12/87 gearing on my unstuck with standard outputs. That's lower than most run and I have no clearance issues. You would probably benefit from the extended rear output if anything but it's certainly not required. My stock steel pin style outputs have survived my 4s beatings with no problems.

I run 12/87 gearing on my unstuck with standard outputs. That's lower than most run and I have no clearance issues. You would probably benefit from the extended rear output if anything but it's certainly not required. My stock steel pin style outputs have survived my 4s beatings with no problems.

Same gear I run.

I might be wrong but I think 87 is the biggest spur with out going to an aftermarket motor plate to move the motor more.

Same gear I run.

I might be wrong but I think 87 is the biggest spur with out going to an aftermarket motor plate to move the motor more.

That's exactly right. 87 barely clears mip's and the cross in maxx shafts needs to be ground down a bit as the tips will touch the spur as it rotates.

Want to buy the motor esc soon. Decided on the crawl master expert 540 13t and Holmes torque master br-xl. Need help with the options though.

Motor leads straight or 90 degree?

Motor rotation either forward (counterclockwise) rotation or reverse (clockwise) rotation?

Motor timing, I assume 0 degree for longer life cooler motor?

Also to have that waterproof I select their waterproofing for $10 dollars with no device cleaning right? And sensor port option of no or yes, what's that?

Last edited:
Good combo.

Get zero timing that way you can wire the motor any way you need to depending on your setup. I wouldn't worry about the leads on the motor. The unstuck chassis will fit a brxl perfectly in front of the chassis between the crossmembes and the esc leads will reach the motor directly.

I wouldn't bother with waterproofing as it adds weight and shortens the warranty period considerably. Not sure what's up with the sensor port as this is a brushed esc not brushless.

You can see how my electronics are mounted here. Just a couple zip ties around the crossmembes holding the esc between them makes life easy. There is lots of room for the receiver under it as well.

20161109_135506_zpsklesrfiq.jpg

Last edited:
Good combo.

Get zero timing that way you can wire the motor any way you need to depending on your setup. I wouldn't worry about the leads on the motor. The unstuck chassis will fit a brxl perfectly in front of the chassis between the crossmembes and the esc leads will reach the motor directly.

I wouldn't bother with waterproofing as it adds weight and shortens the warranty period considerably. Not sure what's up with the sensor port as this is a brushed esc not brushless.

You can see how my electronics are mounted here. Just a couple zip ties around the crossmembes holding the esc between them makes life easy. There is lots of room for the receiver under it as well.

20161109_135506_zpsklesrfiq.jpg

Thanks for the help "thumbsup"

What about motor rotation?

Get zero timing and the rotation can go any way you need. If it goes the wrong way just reverse the wires. Performance and motor life will not be compromised.

My skid stays in decent shape by spending most of my time on the roof.

Look closely at the body, there are 3 places held together by zip ties. :lmao:

Back