• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Thanks guys. 8)

Here are some shots of the rotors and how they fit with the Vanquish SLW hubs.

The front rotor's inside diameter is plenty big for the hub. These will not fit with Gearhead or CAC hubs though.
IMG_0069Custom_zps29f76961.jpg

The rear rotor's inside diameter is just barely big enough but it fits.
IMG_0070Custom_zps7cc2df09.jpg

I've been wanting rotors on Guido for a long time and I love the look. Now I have to buy my own and put these back on my son's rig. :ror:
IMG_0071Custom_zps4ed045a2.jpg

I have a hard time with wheels because I am so picky about what I like. I have wheels I've never run because they just were not what I was expecting. :ror:

I liked the RPP wheels that were on for NWSC but there was something that just didn't sit right with me. This winter I put on my good old CAC EZ-Locks, but after a while I decided really wanted a black wheel and I wanted a lighter wheel. Plus they were just a bit wide.

I have been looking at wheels for a long time now. I almost went with the Pitbull wheels but the lightning bolt spoke pattern was not quite exactly what I wanted.
I have been thinking of the Vanquish OMF's for a long time but I think they are a bit too narrow for the Pitbulls for the look I am wanting.
I was looking at the Gearhead 2.2 Trail Kings but decided they were a bit too wide for the look I wanted (based on my EZ-Locks) and they were still a bit heavy.
I almost bought a set of Vanquish Methods when they came out with the green but the width made me rethink, plus I really wanted a black wheel with a green ring.

So I'm sitting in the basement thinking; I want a black wheel that is lighter than the EZ-Locks, about 1" wide, and has something that pops like the green Methods. I start diggin through my box of wheels and I run across an old set of Axial Green 2.2 beadlock rings and they match the paint perfect. Dang I wish I could use these.....

Ding! :afro:The light goes off in my head. Locked UP R/C wheels are designed to use Axial rings. Check the width.....1"... excellent, check the weight....3.1 oz...excellent... add to cart.
I can't believe how perfect these wheels match the image I had in my head. The iconic matches my love for old school wheels with holes, and the green rings it give the "pop" I was looking for, the width makes the Pitbull tires bulge just right, the scale hardware is insanely cool, and the Vanquish SLW hubs allow me to tune them to the right width.
Right now I have 350 hubs from my 1.9 OMF's because everyone was sold out of 475's when I ordered the wheels. Everything fits great but I am going to try the 475's just to see.

Let me know what you think.

The green on black looks sick and the scale hardware from Locked Up R/C is out of this world cool.
IMG_0045Custom_zpse25163bb.jpg

IMG_0046Custom_zps3608c9f3.jpg

The 1" wide wheel gives the Pitbulls the bulge and height I was looking for.
IMG_0047Custom_zpsb6dba2bf.jpg

IMG_0048Custom_zpsb6cbc9f9.jpg

IMG_0050Custom_zps5a617ca7.jpg

IMG_0052Custom_zpsb20d77ec.jpg

IMG_0054Custom_zps4989bb29.jpg

The pyro rings look sick and you can add 6 extra bolts per wheel making them even better if they are steel then powdercoat if they're aluminum then leave em raw. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone in the shop

The pyro rings look sick and you can add 6 extra bolts per wheel making them even better if they are steel then powdercoat if they're aluminum then leave em raw. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
They are aluminum. I don't think he made many of the "Fat Girl" rings so I really like the unique factor of them.

The green is killing it for me.....reminds me of the first AX-10. Never been a fan of green anodizing. I liked that rig back when it was yellow with purple flames and had silver wheels.

Minus the roof rack :ror:

The green is killing it for me.....reminds me of the first AX-10. Never been a fan of green anodizing. I liked that rig back when it was yellow with purple flames and had silver wheels.

Yes this is the way I see Guido, but I understand he is evolving into a better rig.
Keep up the awesome work "thumbsup"

Rob

See and I have always loved the Axial/RCC green. Still do and wish they would bring it back. :ror:
I agree though, Guido looked good in yellow and purple. I struggle with that all the time. Kinda like your old EB, ever since it was blue I just couldn't accept any other color as being as good looking. 8)
RPMJ once told me the yellow and purple was his favorite, but with a black cage. So many possibilities.....

I have a love/hate relationship with that roof rack. Sometimes I love the look on there, sometimes I hate it. :ror: Thanks Tim.
Yes this is the way I see Guido, but I understand he is evolving into a better rig.
Keep up the awesome work "thumbsup"

Rob
Thanks Rob. If he didn't evolve he'd have to just sit on the shelf, so I guess change is good. Part of the reason for the grey cage was to give an option for going back to the yellow/purple panels though........

Back