• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Alright; I'm back from our boating trip at Lake McConaughy. I had a blast but now it's time to get busy on the rework for NWSC 2012. "thumbsup"

First up will be to get some custom AR60's built with steel tubes and XR10 universals. I'm gathering up material for this now.

Next will be to make room for a big 4-pole Leopard 4074 2200 KV brushless between the frame rails. I'm not positive this will be the motor I run until I test it, but I want to get it in and try it. Being 4-pole and a huge can, I hope that the low speed control is better for rock crawling with my sensorless setup than the Velineon was. Low speed control was the only thing lacking with the Velineon, otherwise it was a great TTC motor.

Then will be a bit of a wheelbase stretch to account for the new 5.75" IROKs.

Hopefully I will have time for some scale updates such as exhaust, Optima, batteries, hoses, and a new dash.

We will see how this goes, hopefully Guido gets in for the TTC so we can see how this old dog fares against the newer builds. A big thanks to all who have voted for him already. Whoever you vote for, please cast a vote for your 12 favorites. 8) TTC Voting Thread.

Last edited:
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Not looking like I'll get to go head-to-head with you but I'll be rooting for you - you had my vote! "thumbsup"

I'll have some sensored outrunners around 2000kv you can try if you don't like it, or alternatively I have one prototype 6 pole inrunner 540 with a beefy 22mm rotor. Unless you are going sensorless for a reason, maybe water resistance? 4 pole should indeed start up better than two pole, along with having a much larger rotor than the VXL motor.

Like there was ever a doubt.... OF COURSE, Guido got my vote! :mrgreen:

This thing needs a MMP and a Pro-4 motor bad. Glad to see Guido is getting some 2012 axles "thumbsup"

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Not looking like I'll get to go head-to-head with you but I'll be rooting for you - you had my vote! "thumbsup"
I appreciate the vote. I hope your Jeep gets in, it's on my list of ones to vote for. "thumbsup"
I'll have some sensored outrunners around 2000kv you can try if you don't like it, or alternatively I have one prototype 6 pole inrunner 540 with a beefy 22mm rotor. Unless you are going sensorless for a reason, maybe water resistance? 4 pole should indeed start up better than two pole, along with having a much larger rotor than the VXL motor.
I'd love to try one of those John. "thumbsup" My issue though is the cost right now. I pulled the Leopard motor out of my boat because I can't afford to spend the money on a sensored ESC. I have several waterproofed Sidewinders and BR-XLs laying around. I do like one less thing to worry about with waterproofing though.

On a side note, I put my 7T Puller on my drill last night and came up with 3888 KV, does that make any sense? It's the same drill I used to test several other motors and got similar numbers to what you had posted.
Like there was ever a doubt.... OF COURSE, Guido got my vote! :mrgreen:
:ror: Haha. Thanks Tommy! "thumbsup"
Mine too. Great truck and love to see them handing around this long.
Thanks Neil, I appreciate it. 8)
This thing needs a MMP and a Pro-4 motor bad. Glad to see Guido is getting some 2012 axles "thumbsup"
I'd love to. But the axles are already costing me more than my plane ticket and with Ty leaving for college this fall I am trying to keep the spending down as much as possible.
The sensorless system works great for everything but crawling so I figure I'll at least put on a good rock bouncing show if nothing else. :ror:

I have a spare MMP laying around, trade ya for one of those brxl's:ror:

And I would gladly send a motor and/or ESC for you to test! Guido is my poster boy, he needs good kit! Just let me know how it feels with the sensorless and we can go from there.

Ty going to college? How time flies! Where did she end up choosing?

I have a spare MMP laying around, trade ya for one of those brxl's:ror:
That might be an option. Lemme talk to John first. :ror:
And I would gladly send a motor and/or ESC for you to test! Guido is my poster boy, he needs good kit! Just let me know how it feels with the sensorless and we can go from there.

Ty going to college? How time flies! Where did she end up choosing?
I'll give you a call and talk, I'd much rather rep the Holmes products. "thumbsup"

Ty is going to the University of Wyoming to get her Bachelors in Nursing. "thumbsup"

Moving out of the nest to a foreign state, how will you survive?!!?

progress +1

i've enjoyed reading this thread throughout the years... excellent job.
if i had to sum this rig up in one word it would be " evolutionary "
"thumbsup"

Always love a guido update!

Can't wait

that is a killer rig like the paint scheme you did nice work:mrgreen:

Moving out of the nest to a foreign state, how will you survive?!!?
It'll be tough. Heather is going to have a hard time especially.
progress +1

i've enjoyed reading this thread throughout the years... excellent job.
if i had to sum this rig up in one word it would be " evolutionary "
"thumbsup"
Thanks Crunky. "thumbsup"
Always love a guido update!

Can't wait
Wish you could be there Andy. 8)
that is a killer rig like the paint scheme you did nice work:mrgreen:
Thanks Hawkfan. 8)

I took Guido out to get a better pic for the TTC voting. Here you can see him with the new tires and the wheelbase at 13.75". I think it might be a bit long so I may shoot for 13.5" when I'm done. The wheelbase was at 13" before.

grizzly4x4-213-albums2168-36354.jpg

grizzly4x4-213-albums2168-36355.jpg

I also started on the custom axles tonight.
grizzly4x4-213-albums2168-36356.jpg

grizzly4x4-213-albums2168-36357.jpg

grizzly4x4-213-albums2168-36358.jpg

The axle tubes will be 1/2" x .060" mild steel but I didn't want to remove that much material from the center section. What you see being installed is the 3/8" x .028" stainless steel inner sleeve.

:shock: This rig get even better?! I GOTTA see this"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Back