• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Great looking chassis....

Sydwall85

Pebble Pounder
With very little work needed to make work with our RS10s. I have been lurking here for a while learning as much as I could from all of you and your builds. I have begun a new MOA build (non RS) and passed the RS on to my daughter who couldn't be happier! As I was taking measurements from my new chassis I realized that the width and link locations ARE VERY CLOSE to the stock RS link locations. You can have your shocks on the links OR on the axle. With just a drill, one could make a Diablo10xt (or insert your name here!) even with the upper tube assy... just thought some of you might like the possibilities. FWIW, you can only buy the lower chassis in black. But I happen to know that a DA and 10 minutes is all it takes to have a bare aluminum one in a hurry! I think I am going to make a set of these for my daughter's XT.

I can get any specific measurements off the plates if anyone wants them.

Diablo.n.Top.jpg

Is it me or the shocks on the front one flipped one not lol??

I saw that quite awhile ago too :ror:

One of the advantages of running MOA is a much lighter, more narrow chassis. This chassis (which has been around for quite awhile) was designed around the RC4WD transmission, which is quite wide. Also, since power transmission on an MOA takes place at the axle, aluminum isn't really required for strength and adds some unnecessary weight.

I liked the looks of this chassis when I first saw it years ago, but I would think there are better performance options out there now.

Chassis looks great for a tube chassis and I like the versatility. I could start with the RS. Then change over to shafty if I feel like it and hand the
RS over the the daughter. Hmmmmm. possibilities. Thanks for flying this one!

I saw that quite awhile ago too :ror:

One of the advantages of running MOA is a much lighter, more narrow chassis. This chassis (which has been around for quite awhile) was designed around the RC4WD transmission, which is quite wide. Also, since power transmission on an MOA takes place at the axle, aluminum isn't really required for strength and adds some unnecessary weight.

I liked the looks of this chassis when I first saw it years ago, but I would think there are better performance options out there now.

I agree 100%. There are much better MOA chassis options out there, for probably cheaper than that chassis, they just don't have the bling factor as that one does.

Back