• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

GOM Kit $70?

Fallen

Rock Crawler
Subscribed Member
I'm considering buying this for my children for Christmas:

Being $70 concerns me that there's something I'm missing. Like maybe I should avoid this kit?

I'm not too worried about it being discontinued, as I can likely work around that.

Thanks for any input.

Ah, thanks. I figured since it appears to be Gmade's website that it was their site / product / prices.

But maybe not the case...

Edit:

I'm going to assume that "sale" price is indeed a scam.

This looks more appropriate:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the official gmade site is Gmade.net where the Gom is going for $340-$390. I've used Gmade.net and Junfacs site in the past with no issues.

I did a safe site search on the Gmade-Store domain and its not flagging it as a scam/insecure site but... those prices are fishy as hell and I would absolutely not trust them at all.

Also their IP address shows up in the middle of a giant lake/reserve in Kansas lol

that is 200% a scam ''shop''. i have seen a plethora of scam pages like that during the last 4 years, where everything is on sale with 70%-80% discount.
if you know killerbodyRC, they have a bunch of scam imitations, which are similar to this Gmade page with everything on mega sale.

Buy with PayPal's or a credit card, your protected!
paypal is very secure, but make sure you know the details of your credit provider. a guy at the track i visits bought a shock set at 120€, but turned out to be a scam seller. he paid with credit card and tried to get the money back, but the card provider wouldnt do anything because he didnt get a order confirmation from the 'seller'

Last edited:
I did something like that when advertised as a trx4 defender for $40. Didn’t think it was really going to be true but ordered 2 anyways. The packages were sent and arrived just fine, wound up with 2 MN90’s. Informed PayPal and got my money back and was able to keep the trucks.

Bummed at first but have 2 bodies that are pretty nice, I kitted out one of them and the other I let my son drive till the wheels fell off. I’d like an Ascent18 to throw under the other body since it’s already weathered and bashed on.

Back