• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gmc topkick

mmatthews

Rock Crawler
GMC TOPKICK

Pro-Line GMC Topkick body

Hot Racing Axial Scorpion Crawler Unibody SHD Differential Lock AX10

Hot Racing Axial SCX10 Scale Truck Hard Steel Center Gear set AX10

JunFac Carbon Steel Universal Shaft
AXI30563 Axial Universal Set AXI30563

Axial Rear Straight Axle Shaft Set XR10 (x2)

Axial Heavy Duty Bevel Gear Set 36T/14T

Axial Steering Knuckles Set XR10

Axial C Hub Carrier Set XR10

Axial Straight Axle Adapter Set XR10

Axial Steel Outdrive Set: AX10, SCX10 Transmission

Axial Solid Axle Set

Axial Steel Outdrive Set

FastEddy Axial SCX-10 Bearing Kit

Under drive gear AXI30402

Hot Racing spur gear 80t hard anodized

Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster Pro 540 35T

Castle Creations CC BEC 10A Switching Regulator

Castle Creations 1/18 Sidewinder Micro Sport ESC

Axial Servo Horn

HITEC HS-7950TH MONSTER TORQUE SERVO,486 oz-in,PROGRAMMABLE,HIGH VOLTAGE

FS-GT3B 2.4G Transmitter w/ Receiver Combo FLY SKY 3ch

Biggin69 beef tubes

RC4WD dual spring 90mm black shocks

1.9 Out Croppers

1.9 Humvee internal beadlock wheels

3racing winch

Axial bumpers

Home made chassis mount servo plate

Better pictures to come. Build is really close to being finished. Hope to have it up and running this weekend. Still need to mount winch, add tool box behind cab, trim front fenders, add lights and I'm sure there is something else.

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

I see whats been keeping you ducked off bro! Nice one!

Ya, I decided to build and then post up later. I dropped the Winniebago off with RollandRockShop for some finish work. I figured it was going to be a bit big so I needed a real trail truck, this might work...

Wow this is interesting. Have never thought about cutting the bed from one of these bodies, but it looks good.

Nice parts list too. Will keep an eye on this

Added some rock sliders
001-1.jpg

Moved my servo to the top of my chassis plate
003-1.jpg

Trimmed the rear bumper
009-1.jpg

Covered my steering links with some brake line
005-1.jpg

Battery mount over electronics box
007-1.jpg

Rolland Rock Shop hooked me up with a plastic spare wheel that matches the metal wheels
011-1.jpg

Bungee strap spare holder
010-1.jpg

Made my rear body mount
002-1.jpg

Made a shock tower brace
003-1.jpg

Plan on trimming off the "fender flare" from the body. To many lines....
015-1.jpg

I have extra parts
013-1.jpg

Made some tow straps
036.jpg

039.jpg

037.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

i like the looks of that. i bet some tube cage work would really set that body off. i could easily see a basic exocage that traces the main body lines and a lil bit rear tube chassis. what you have is pretty cool looking though.

i like the looks of that. i bet some tube cage work would really set that body off. i could easily see a basic exocage that traces the main body lines and a lil bit rear tube chassis. what you have is pretty cool looking though.

No exocage for now. I am going to put something behind the cab to fill the void. I'm not up to exocage skills yet.

i hear ya, i've just recently gotten into brazing myself. i started with some sliders for my blazer and i was hooked. one pair of sliders turned into a couple front bumpers, a rear bumper, and a roof rack. then i talked my cousin into letting me try an exocage on his chevy body. i think it turned out decent for a first try but it was challenging. trying to match bends and body lines can take some time, practice and beers. i loved 'almost' every minute of it tho.

I moved the servo back to on top of the axle to get rid of any bump steer pointed out by others. "thumbsup" Got the electronics all in their place. They aren't waterproofed yet but, it will happen down the road. It's really close to being a running truck.

Looking excellent bro! Don't forget to trim that body up all the way around and color them screws in the back! Loving the extra tires straps!

Back