• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gmc topkick

What happened to the other 2 projects!?!?!!?

The Ringer comp rig donated its parts to the Topkick.

The Winnebago is at RollandRockShop getting some finishing touchs that I felt Josh would be better at than me, and he was nice enough to offer some help.

The T5, well the T5 project ended with a fire on my work bench. R.I.P. T5

Ran the Topkick for the first time today. It was great. It will need:

Taller tires
More fender cuts
Better / smaller front bumper
Radio hacked to be able to run winch from radio
Finish the bed area

I did like the truck. It was fun to drive. RollandRockShop let me borrow some taller tires and it made a huge difference.

Fenders are hacked, ready for some Baja Claws!

Ordered the firmware to hack my radio.

Cut the shit out of my front bumper. Approach angle should be much better. i pushed the bumper way back also.

Big tires, fenders cut, better approach angle..... Can't wait to try it out.

Picked up a super cool fuel tank from RollandRockShop. It is made by Dinky RC. It is a really cool piece
015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg
017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

Changed tires. Thanks to RollandRockShop I am now running a set of Baja Claws. So much better looking and, should work much better as well. The large size is a much better fit to the truck.
020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

RollandRockShop helped me out with the tool box. Really helped fill the rear area. I like the look of it.
011-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Cut the front bumper as well as pushed it way back on the chassis. I think it will really help on the approach angle.
013-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

Did some fender trimming to accommodate those big ass tires.
012-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

I made my own pull pal. Not the best but, it'll do the job.
023-1.jpg

Took RollandRockShop's advise and angled the sliders tighter to the body. Just a little heat and smoke. Aghh! Burning plastic!
035-1.jpg

I like how the back of the rig looks with the new additions.
028-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

yes..
looks much better with the claws and bumper tuck!

fuel cell looks nice!"thumbsup"
nice job on the slider bending!

dont forget the cross bar..;-)

I never would have even thought to cut that body but now that I see it it looks sick! Great work! That fuel cell looks sweet in the back. "thumbsup"

Got to run the rig for the first time since making all the changes. It was a different truck. So much fun to drive. With my limited ability it really surprised me what it could do. Lost reverse towards the end of the day but, it was still fun. Can't wait to fix it and do it again.

Looking fabolous bro!

Thanks. The last part I want to add is a headache rack. I've got the parts cut, just need to weld them up. Won't do much more to this one. About to start a Bastard Jr rock racer type build (stole the drive train from the Winnebago).

WTF.......What REALLY happened to the Winnebago ?

Rolandrockshop has it. I saw some of the trails and relized it was going to be way to big to do trails. I want a couple rigs that I can really use. I'll gather up the parts and finish the Winnebago over the winter. It will end up being a street basher, something to just get out and show.

get reverse fixed? what was the prob with it?

Not fixed yet. Josh is going to check the ESC for me. If it's bad I'll send it back and put my Axial ESC in it. Both my ESC's are out at his house so I'll have to get out there either way to get it going again. I told him he needs a Little Rock office.

Ok , I understand that. My Winnie is strictly a cruiser in between vehicle as well. Will see mostly street and a few low trail zones. I am damn near finished with her too!

Ok , I understand that. My Winnie is strictly a cruiser in between vehicle as well. Will see mostly street and a few low trail zones. I am damn near finished with her too!

Josh is going to put some finish touchs on it. It won't take any time to make it a running truck. I'll get it running for sure.

Back