• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gmc topkick

Put an Axial AE-1 in the Topkick. Glad to know it was just a bad ESC that stopped it on the last outing but, I'll have to get a better ESC before putting the rig back on the trail. :cry baby:

Got a ESC on the way for the Topkick. Good looking out WooPigSooie. :thumbsup:

Got a feeling the other projects are going to be put on holiday hold, got to have at least one running.

Thanks for the ESC WooPigSooie. I have the Topkick running again. Still have to get the winch going but, I was happy to see the Topkick under power once again.

Got the ESC going. Managed to get the drag brake working thanks to RolandRockShop. The Castle Link made it easy. I still need to weld up my headache rack. I've got everything cut and ready.

Hey that is one good lookin top kick....! I will be starting mine soon and I was wondering where you got the front body mount and how did you attach it to the frame ?? great rig ! thanks for the help "thumbsup"

Hey that is one good lookin top kick....! I will be starting mine soon and I was wondering where you got the front body mount and how did you attach it to the frame ?? great rig ! thanks for the help "thumbsup"

I used scx-10 mount on the front of the chassis. I took one of the mounts (female) and trimmed it to fit between the rails. The rear mount I bent up a piece of aluminum and used body mounts turned horizontal and went through the back panel.

Thanks I've seen a lot of diffrent topkicks on here with the front body mount in a bunch of spots and could not get a response as to how and where! Very sweeeet rig!!!! and thanks for the info will post pics of my build as I go.

Thanks I've seen a lot of diffrent topkicks on here with the front body mount in a bunch of spots and could not get a response as to how and where! Very sweeeet rig!!!! and thanks for the info will post pics of my build as I go.

It took me a while to figure out the mounts.

I've since tore this truck down for use of it's parts. My TopKick is no more. All that is left is the body. Everything else is traded, sold, or used on another project.

This makes me want to try this body and learn some brazing and make up a rear cage/tire mount/flatbed similar to the stock honcho rear section

Back