• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

GMade 1.9 SR02 Beadlock Wheels Question

oldnick

Morning all,
The wheels that came with my GS02F are all plastic, and for some reason the rear wheels hex 'socket' has become 12 pointed.
I like the steel SR02 wheels as they will weather and weigh a bit more, but are the backs of the wheels plastic or steel does anyone know?
Cheers,
Nick

They are fully made of steel, the hex area is metal and will withstand being stripped out.

Also to keep the wheel from stripping the hex on your plastic wheel, commonly make sure your wheel nuts are secure and tightened on the wheel, this helps keep that from happening.

The SR02 wheels have cast metal hexes. See the photo below.

Attachments

• 812LCT1-GkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    812LCT1-GkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 87
I have a couple sets of those wheels in grey. Tires mount up easily to them. All steel and heavy. The little nuts are a pita but not a deal breaker. Never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Brilliant, thanks for all the replies. The original wheel nuts were tiny plain nylocs and I think that was the start of the problem, flanged nuts seem to make the wheels less wobbly without digging into the wheels. Steelies ordered now ��

Brilliant, thanks for all the replies. The original wheel nuts were tiny plain nylocs and I think that was the start of the problem, flanged nuts seem to make the wheels less wobbly without digging into the wheels. Steelies ordered now ��
i hate to say it but traxxasssss wheel nuts seem to hold the best

I take a long screw and put it through the center/axle hole in the wheel with washers on either side. Then I clamp the tire and wheel assembly together with a nut on this long screw. That makes mounting these wheels easier IMO.

i hate to say it but traxxasssss wheel nuts seem to hold the best

Traxxas makes good nuts. Traxxas gets a bad wrap, but I love the stuff they make. Nobody does it like them and if you ever have a problem the customer service is great in my experience.

Back