• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Fricker08 builds a Pro

Good to see u found a fix for your servo. I had an idea this mornin of another fix, but it was goina take some work...

Mark where the servo sits on the mount, then use the dremel n take a lil out at a time until the servo sits just low enuf to clear.

Hard to tell from the pics of the horn, but that doesn't seem like it's much different than the VP one. Does it make it past the chassis rail at full lock?

Yea it clears all the way through and has a gap between the mount and the horn. I tested it, it’s all good. Full steering and clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here’s the finished product. Can’t wait to get out and run it. Let me know what you think of the paint/wheel color combo. I’ve got some grey 310’s I may end up with but I kind of like it.
753a99de475acd0a01b582d2ab498175.jpg

26cb48ca993be52de5090cf46646a448.jpg

That turned out beautiful! I like the bronze wheels, it takes away from the grey just enuf. Curious as to how u like those tires though. Ive got a set, but they seem a bit to hard of a compound. But i only ran them a couple times, they may work pretty good once they break in

Smoke and that lighter shade of bronze go well together. I personally like gold and even yellow sometimes for wheels on a smoke grey body. Cool Vanquish build!

Very cool build man, paint and wheel choice turned out better than I expected.

I look forward to seeing its first flop…

Looks awesome Fricker!"thumbsup"

Color combos go great together! I like the Mamba X mount. Nice that it keeps everything tidy up front. Great job @twade984!!;-)

Can't wait to hear how it does out on the rocks!!

Thanks guys! I flopped it as soon as you left twade… not hard, just a tip over.
Super happy with this thing, exactly what I wanted. People can say what they will about the stock tires, but they work pretty ok for a stock tire, maybe I’m
Just lucky with my terrain but it’s too bad it’s not a licensed tread pattern and too bad proline doesn’t make a km3 in the 4.5” range.
Enjoy some pics, glad to say it still looks pretty fresh lol
798d527d85c2b56b7b8dd509f623b0ca.jpg

ee7f8d9ef07c0983df8bf6c7a2696257.jpg

ad9d3d6cbee746009fe4a653d3669117.jpg

d505ad6ec36f8933ba9dd6388220650f.jpg

ac6366c27671bd5eaa34864e66db7dde.jpg

18f0a620cc8cf51035e8e760a7b533d7.jpg

Seein this build makes me wanna buy an actual vs4 kit lol. Wish i was closer, id love to go hit some of the terrain yall got

Thanks guys! I flopped it as soon as you left twade… not hard, just a tip over.

and too bad proline doesn’t make a km3 in the 4.5” range.

Damn, I missed it!

I agree with you 100%

Glad I got to check both rigs out, pictures don’t do them justice. Very well done on both of them [emoji1360]

Hey thanks guys, I’m really happy with all my rigs right now, well the ones I’m not selling lol
Indy, these trucks are legit.. Even though it was 75% assembled, tearing it down and putting the bearing kit in it was almost enjoyable. The quality is top notch, not trying to be a fan boy but I can’t believe it took me this long to dive into one.
Twade, I think I’m gonna shoot proline an email, even though it may fall on deaf ears ya never know.

Haven’t updated this as I was on a road trip for 8 days or so. But I got to take it out earlier this week.
I feel my transmission is noisier than it should be, I may go back through it and the axles, clean all the grease out and use some marine grease to see if it quiets down. I also ordered some 4s packs for it to wake up the motor a bit without gearing up. Besides all that, I love this thing and can’t believe it took me this long to buy one
befc5b6628516e772f956bb423f8ee43.jpg

dcfd0194e1b8256c13df303cf3dedaea.jpg

c4c2f0aef7fcc38f37e554ae1e6e279d.jpg

15eec6c4acf5fa27531680e3c18a5334.jpg

b7a1e2f7472d9f10dea0c9f95f7c20da.jpg

Last edited:
Love the Pro, I'm jealous. Also, your straight axle Capra came out sweet as well. Would be hard trying to decide which one to drive lol.

Love the Pro, I'm jealous. Also, your straight axle Capra came out sweet as well. Would be hard trying to decide which one to drive lol.

Thanks man, they’re both a blast. It is tough, I took the Capra on the road trip with me because it was easier to pack lol but I thoroughly enjoy all my rigs. Even most of the ones I end up parting with but that’s what leads me to builds like this

I heard this is actually a gen8 under a vp body…

What’s your plan gearing wise once you go 4s?

Good question man, to be completely honest I don’t remember what pinion I installed. I’m guessing it’s a 12t with the stock 56t spur. If I feel the thing is too fast, I will have to dig in and see what’s actually there and possibly drop to an 11t pinion.

Back