• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Fricker08 gets a Ripper

Congrats on the Ripper buy! I believe I have seen pictures of this one in the past. Wow, 8 owners previously! She gets around!

Looking forward to seeing this build take shape. You don't see too many Ripper build threads these days. Well...maybe I've never seen a Ripper build thread!🤔

Congrats on the Ripper buy! I believe I have seen pictures of this one in the past. Wow, 8 owners previously! She gets around!

Looking forward to seeing this build take shape. You don't see too many Ripper build threads these days. Well...maybe I've never seen a Ripper build thread!🤔
Come to find out it’s been more like 10 previous owners. Sure is going to be tough to out the first scratches in her.. maybe haha
You know.. I searched on here and I believe the scale “builder” guy has one in the 1.9 section if I’m not mistaken

Little bit of an update, can’t remember exactly where I left off but I tore the axles down and installed a fast Eddie’s bearing kit. Turns out there’s Hot Racing gears in the front axle. Unfortunately. Those are staying for now. I ended up grabbing a black 3 gear after realizing that the one in it was a supershafty older bombproof. And didn’t have a decent spur cover. Then it had a black dig, well a guy I know offered to swap my black case for his blue case.. that’s where things took off.
It’s now getting blue knuckles, black enduro’s with blue skarn rings and hopefully a blue servo horn. I was able to grab a black servo armor as well. It didn’t fit around the shv500 so I swapped it for an shv650. I’m impatiently waiting for the last few parts to show up so I decided to mount the axles under it tonight.
Ended up going with the s8e shocks to keep the vanquish theme, need to mount driveshafts and tweak the rear sway bar links a bit. But man I can’t wait to run it

Attachments

• IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2783.jpeg
    IMG_2783.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2784.jpeg
    IMG_2784.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2788.jpeg
    IMG_2788.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2787.jpeg
    IMG_2787.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2786.jpeg
    IMG_2786.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
I’ve got a slider, still needs some tuning and a couple little things addressed but man I’m getting excited. I hooked power to it a couple nights ago. Then tonight I got the wiring tidied up, then I went ahead and mounted the panels up. I’m still waiting for my beadlock rings and a servo horn as well as a radiator from JE designs. But most of that should be here Friday and I can start wrapping this thing up for now.

Attachments

• IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2822.jpeg
    IMG_2822.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
Incredible rebuid.

What power plant you putting in there? A Tekin Roc 3100 would be hella fun in this rig.

Thanks guys! Tedo, I had a brand new Holmes hobbies ble esc and v1 puller pro 2100kv motor that I mounted up. See how it goes before deciding if I want to try something else. Was originally going to run a Holmes shv500v3 but it didn’t fit with the servo armor so I settled with the shv650

Another small update.. man I’m glad I reached out to JE designs. Also despite what some people think.. that rc3wd fuel cell looks pretty damn good

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2846.jpeg
    IMG_2846.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
Well here we are for now.. I’ve got some new Proline Km3’s stuff with lil nova’s mounted up on the Enduro’s with blue Skarn rings and scale hardware. Matching spare and all.. s8e shocks got rebuilt with the hard anodized bodies, I may need some stiffer springs. Ehile
I was there I reworked the sway bar as well. I was fortunate enough the grab a blue servo horn. I’m so incredibly happy with how everything turned out. Hope you guys enjoy some pics. I have to double check the weight but it’s not as bad as you think

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpeg
    IMG_2891.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2912.jpeg
    IMG_2912.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2974.jpeg
    IMG_2974.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2975.jpeg
    IMG_2975.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2884.jpeg
    IMG_2884.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
such a good looking ripper .... colors look dope ... driver helmets should get some color and scheme to make them pop just a bit.

such a good looking ripper .... colors look dope ... driver helmets should get some color and scheme to make them pop just a bit.
Funny you say that, I want to detail up the interior a little and paint the helmets blue n silver like the old redbull helmets. Thanks man, I’m real happy with it

Back