• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

F250 Truggy Build

Is that the "aluminum" paint or silver? I'm considering something other than black for my cage but haven't decided on what.

It's aluminum paint. I wanted something different other than the typical black. Two coats of primer 3 of paint and 2 of satin clear. I'm very happy with the way it came out

I might just have to wait till the growlers get released. I saw the mad beast at the last comp. I can't remember who was running them. They looked horrible , didn't seem like they would hook up at all. It's to bad because they look very scale

Sunday at the comp.... I saw these on your new truck Kevin and they preformed very well and looked great. I have to retract my statement about them being horrible. Look like the driver made the difference "thumbsup"

Sunday at the comp.... I saw these on your new truck Kevin and they preformed very well and looked great. I have to retract my statement about them being horrible. Look like the driver made the difference "thumbsup"

Thanks Ben. I'm pretty pleased with them so far. They seemed to do okay specially considering that was the first rock they have been on. I think they would pack up in sticky stuff but we rarely have to deal with that and I think I have enough wheelspeed to clean them out if needed. I'm going to stick with them for awhile but I will have my rockers standing by, just incase.
I was hoping you would bring your new build so we could check it out.

Sent from the can using Tapatalk

I did a little work on it today. Just need to wire it up. And was thinking about making front shock hoops. If I quit tweaking on it, it will be done this week

a few pics from todays progress

Attachments

• Roller1.jpg
    Roller1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 869
  • roller2.jpg
    roller2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,334
  • roller3.jpg
    roller3.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,100
Looking great. Are you making a front bumper or using one from a vendor?

Did you use a turnbuckle for your tie rod? I ended up just making mine out of steel rod so I could bend it. Found out that bending stainless was a no-go.

Looking great. Are you making a front bumper or using one from a vendor?

Did you use a turnbuckle for your tie rod? I ended up just making mine out of steel rod so I could bend it. Found out that bending stainless was a no-go.

I'll be using a RC4WD bumper with some light mods to it. Yep using a traxxas steel rod for steering linkage, that I put a slight bend on it to clear the pumpkin. Super strong and adjustable without removing from the knuckle

Had to put the build on hold for a few weeks. Had a surgery so I'm laid up for a bit. This will get finished ASAP. Also waiting to see the new 1.9 growlers in person. It's between those and proline 1.9 XL. :mrgreen:

Heal up soon Ben so we can see this thing in person.

You gonna be able to drive the G6 in Prescott so soon after the surgery?

Heal up soon Ben so we can see this thing in person.

You gonna be able to drive the G6 in Prescott so soon after the surgery?

I'm going to the G6 still, hoping to be well enought to drive/walk the course. Don't think I'll have time to complete the truck but the jeep is ready to go. I'll bring them both running or not.

A few of the last items showed up yesterday. And yes I went with proline, why change to something different when you know they kick a$$. I will be putting CI foams in them. That combination has been working very well. Also picked up some scale items these thing are high quality, made of metal. Picked up all this at tcscrawlers.com "thumbsup"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 592
Back