• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

EZRUN BL Review

hope you are not talking about blue hobbywing's inrunner :)
for me: if brushless - then sensored only

just got that turnigy motor.
Holes are not for perfect match with venom tranny plate. I think i'll do some hols to mount the motor.

Well, I finally got my motor in the mail, I ended up going with this:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/alpha-480--1020kv--outrunner-brushless-motor.html

The motor is nothing but awesome! I ran the motor at the Southern Cup today, and it worked flawless all day, and never got too hot. I was able to hold my hand on the motor and not let go after a 5min run, and practicing. The motor comes with the motor plugs pre-mounted, and comes with extras, and a extra motor shaft, all for $17. It's also a fairly large motor, no cogging what so ever that i experienced. The torque with the motor is also good, it could use a little more IMO. The wheel speed is also great! For the losi, it's hard to get good wheel speed and keep the motor cool, this motor did both pretty well. I would estimate this motor being a 45T in a axial, but in my losi.

The only thing about this motor that I do NOT like is the size of the motor shaft. It's too big for the average pinion. :cry:

I ended up stripping out the spur on the losi, so once it's fixed, i can get you all a video of how it does.

Since it came with a spare shaft I would personally try to turn that second shaft down to take standard pinions. I don't know what tools you have around but I know it would tempt me if I had a spare just sitting there.

I planed on mounting the motor in m y vice and filing it down. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've got one in my wifes Slash...just doesn't have the balls to haul it for my liking. In the B4 it screams though...the Slash is just too heavy for a little 380...its nothing like the VXL in my Slash.
Hi, i cant agree with this, i raced my mates slash today (who had the VXL) with my T3 they are a similar weight and size, off the line his was infront but after about 3-4meter his was toast...as a fast brushless(even with a small core) its top notch, stick 7 cell in it or 3s lipo and its just amazing for the price.

I would happily post a video, although i only have one video, i had several races and all with the same outcome.

Craig

Back