• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Exotek YETI HDX CHASSIS SET

Do you know that for fact? What about it won’t fit? It has holes for the shifting servo. I don’t see why it wouldn’t “fit”.

No I don’t. I really like this, but I do run the two speed, I’m not seeing the servo mount for the two speed
None of the pictures show that side

Hang up and Drive

Last edited:
No I don’t. I really like this, but I do run the two speed, I’m not seeing the servo mount for the two speed
None of the pictures show that side

Hang up and Drive

The only thing keeping me from pulling trigger is that I'm uncertain how prone it is to getting bent out of shape.

If you were to somehow land the chassis on a rock or something similar really hard, would it bend? I'm sure it's probably ok and probably unlikely though.

The only thing keeping me from pulling trigger is that I'm uncertain how prone it is to getting bent out of shape.

If you were to somehow land the chassis on a rock or something similar really hard, would it bend? I'm sure it's probably ok and probably unlikely though.

I don’t know how the chassis does as far as that, but it is definitely well built and is pretty thick. I’ll try measuring it tonight in a few places to give you a better idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have to be one hell of a hit to bend that thick, aluminum plate!

I don’t know how the chassis does as far as that, but it is definitely well built and is pretty thick. I’ll try measuring it tonight in a few places to give you a better idea

Keep us updated on how it performs. Really interested to see how it affects the handling of the Yeti.

That would have to be one hell of a hit to bend that thick, aluminum plate!

Yeah, it's highly unlikely, but you never know.

You probably also need to be selective in what other pieces you use as well I would guess since this chassis is not going to flex like the stock chassis.

For ex:

Rear link mounts - what would give first... the trailing arms or link mount depending on which trailing arms you use.... SSD vs Vanquish. The chassis should be the most rigid, so it's either bending the trailing arm by Vanquish, or a tie-rod end for the SSD. What if the Vanquish trailing arm is used and the truck gets hit in an odd way would there be a risk of the link mounts getting bent?

I could just also be worrying over nothing! :)

Yeah, it's highly unlikely, but you never know.

You probably also need to be selective in what other pieces you use as well I would guess since this chassis is not going to flex like the stock chassis.

For ex:

Rear link mounts - what would give first... the trailing arms or link mount depending on which trailing arms you use.... SSD vs Vanquish. The chassis should be the most rigid, so it's either bending the trailing arm by Vanquish, or a tie-rod end for the SSD. What if the Vanquish trailing arm is used and the truck gets hit in an odd way would there be a risk of the link mounts getting bent?

I could just also be worrying over nothing! :)
Have you ever heard of paranoia? :lmao:

Yeah it could bend. Yeah the world could end. Will it anytime soon? Probably not.

Exotek makes top notch stuff. Lots of people call Vanquish top of the line in the crawling world. Exotek is above that and they have the customer service to back it up.

Have you ever heard of paranoia? :lmao:

Yeah it could bend. Yeah the world could end. Will it anytime soon? Probably not.

Exotek makes top notch stuff. Lots of people call Vanquish top of the line in the crawling world. Exotek is above that and they have the customer service to back it up.

Yeah, the paranoia creeps in when you just bought a bunch of stuff at the end of this year.... and you are trying to keep yourself from buying more... :shock:

Keep us updated on how it performs. Really interested to see how it affects the handling of the Yeti.

Will do, although I won’t be able run it much right now as it is the middle of winter and nothing I have is waterproof.

My yeti is currently being built into a short wheelbase version to run a short course body as I do not plan on crawling this thing

Mini servo for shifting “fits”

15f1fb6d2e69ae073f1c5b6bcc873ce7.jpg

b0914ef00f29cb996593d7db7d27d130.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, will a full size fit ? Looks like just 2 screws?

Hang up and Drive

I don’t know, I didn’t try a regular sized servo but anything is possible. Why you’d want a regular sized servo is beyond me when it takes about 10-15oz to shift, a mini bolts right up and is lighter then a regular sized servo.

Yes, it looks like there are 2 screws because there are 2 screws securing the servo. Imo one screw would do it for this application.

Reason being is that’s what I’m already using. The stock tactic is perfect for it.
I held off buying this chassis as I didn’t know if I could shift it.

Hang up and Drive

A full size servo won't fit. The chassis plate was designed for a mini servo which is all it needs. A full size servo would provide too much torque and if the end points weren't set properly it could damage the trans anyway. Get a cheap mini servo and it will work fine for shifting. You really can't go wrong with anything from Exotek. I've run there stuff for years in my touring cars and can attest to the quality of their products. I wish they made crawler/scale parts.

Last edited:
Here’s some pics of my hdx swb yeti

7500587bd571bb6e4bf2529dba8c0852.jpg

Losi offset wheels with jconcepts bajr body

7ece289bdf6ce7a586f079c172a6ede3.jpg

Losi offset wheels with stock scte 3.0 body. From what ive read, these need the wider traxxas offset rear wheels to make the rear end fit better. Well, I’m running a ssd diamond centered rear with Losi offset and the wheels seem to fit just about perfect. I will confirm this when I have the actual body for it.

912fd1d18d82fd0c43766d243ca708c9.jpg

Hdx yeti swb next to the scte 3.0 for size comparison. The yeti is about 1/4 inch longer, but the rear link mounts are flipped. I’ll flip them back over and try and find a bent rod end to help with the upper links so they don’t bind as much. If the wheel base is still off, I’ll see about getting shorter trailing arms and uppers made for this

Back