• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Exceed Mad Torque.. Blue collar mods

So today started of great.. My dog thought he was Superdog and tryed taking on a barbed wire fence at full speed.. the fence won. I spent my day and the contents of my wallet getting him fixed up
Dog1.jpg

Dog.jpg

But since he was passed out most of the afternoon I did get my foam cut up for my rims
wheels8.jpg

Thanks guys.. He seems to be doing ok.. Greedy those some good lookin Amstaffs, mines a red nose mix.. well hes out on the couch whining, better go see how hes doing....

But I got some plans drawn up for a new chassis I want to build.. so hopefully soon I'll have some cutting boards cut up and testing out a new design..

Thanks again guys

What kind of foams are these? You said you wasn't happy with them any reason why? To stiff.I've had my torque for a week now and the tires definately need to be improved they want to hop on the rocks instead of gripping the lugs are to stiff IMO. Did cutting the lugs like that help with the bite? I've been debating on grooving the tires. Also are you gonna run any weight in the wheels now?

What kind of foams are these? You said you wasn't happy with them any reason why? To stiff.I've had my torque for a week now and the tires definately need to be improved they want to hop on the rocks instead of gripping the lugs are to stiff IMO. Did cutting the lugs like that help with the bite? I've been debating on grooving the tires. Also are you gonna run any weight in the wheels now?
You defenitly wanna cut the foams in your wheels...it will help tremendously and you'll notice a difference!..as far as weights,you wanna add weight to your fronts,how is up to you?...good luck"thumbsup"

Yeah the foam I had origanilly had in there was no good...The foam in the pic I got at good old Wally World, in the fabric department.. My rims are only 1 1/5" wide so they had a package of 2 pieces of 1" foam by 15" sq. I tried just solid circles but was still too stiff, so I cut the points out to soften up the foam.. The stock tires are fairly ridge, If your planning on keeping the stock rims, I would narrow the rims to around 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" wide cut the tread like I said above.. I found that with the narrowed tires you get alot more torque because of the smaller contact patch with the tire and the ground, and by using softer foam you get better traction.. And the best foam I've used is from a memory foam pillow, If I had enough to shove into my new Wagon wheels I would've, but for $6 the foam I got from Wally world works out good nice and soft.. As for weights, I need to add weights.. My new larger rims and tire set weights less then the stock rim set up... My thoughts since I have huge rims I'm going to try and make some custom knuckle weights.

So finially got around to testing out the new wheels on some rocks.. Found out a few things really quickly.. These things have massage clearance.. The foam is good, still need to take it out for some more testing... Tires for being stock crap, seem to do well.. truck is alot lighter.. now the bad, The truck need front weight bad, way to tippy... Big wheels vrs stock servo:evil:, wheels win stripped servo, gives me an excuess to finish my dual servos...

testrun1.jpg

testrun2.jpg

6.3 x 2.8........ false... more like 8.0 x 4.0

testrun3.jpg

glue seems to hold

Last edited:
dont got the same rig but lots of uesful info im gonna try to put some of your ideas in to help my build

Well I'm for sure no expert, and like you I took as much info from where I could get it good luck welcome to the addiction....

SO my genius dog finally got his stiches out last friday.. He was so happy to be able to run around... he ran head first into a tree trunk :shock:... I nearly pissed my pants laughing.. he was watching another dog not watching where he was going.. good thing hes a pit with a thick skull.. man dogs do make you smile

man that dog of yours sure is crazy. Just thought id share my mad torque and my home-aid wheel weights. sorry for the hi-jack. I also have stick on weights 1.5 oz in each front tire and 2 oz in each rear. These are 3/8 x 1 1/2 carriage bolts i got from home depot with a nut and washer on the back.
DSCF3907.jpg

DSCF3909.jpg

DSCF3908.jpg

man that dog of yours sure is crazy. Just thought id share my mad torque and my home-aid wheel weights. sorry for the hi-jack. I also have stick on weights 1.5 oz in each front tire and 2 oz in each rear. These are 3/8 x 1 1/2 carriage bolts i got from home depot with a nut and washer on the back.
DSCF3907.jpg

DSCF3909.jpg

DSCF3908.jpg
Pretty cool idea for the weights.if I may say,you might wanna get rid of the weight in the rear wheels if you decide to comp it,also just remember the more weight you add to your front wheels is more stress on your servo,especially if it's a cheap little one?"thumbsup"Good luck and looks good.

Man I got jacked...

So My boss said he was leaving early today... I now have a new frame :mrgreen:.. Let me know what ya think

frame.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame4.jpg

A little bit more clearance

Still need some work on the rear end.. dont want a complete torrision set up.. Also Streched out the wheel base to just over 17"... I need to have money start growing on trees so I can finish this thing and try my hand at some comps

Still need some work on the rear end.. dont want a complete torrision set up.. Also Streched out the wheel base to just over 17"... I need to have money start growing on trees so I can finish this thing and try my hand at some comps
WOW!...very cool and very different.it looks like it would be real stiff and the back en looks like it will fold in on you it tight spots?does it have springs in the rear?cant see from pic.let me know how it performes"thumbsup"

Do you have any pics next to any 1/10th rigs for size comparison? Looks good by the way. I would like to pick one up since the price is good.

Back