• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Electronic Problems? You probably need an External BEC

Copy that. Thank you. What one do you suggest? And how does it work. I've never wired on. I have a bomber. And I believe it's around 550 oz in

ok, I want to wire in the BES on my SCX10, but how do I remove the Hot Red Pin from the ESC to RX? is there a tool to remove the Pins form those 3 pin connectors that go into RX=receiver?

ok, I want to wire in the BES on my SCX10, but how do I remove the Hot Red Pin from the ESC to RX? is there a tool to remove the Pins form those 3 pin connectors that go into RX=receiver?

Get a holmes rx bypass and keep your red wire
856cff018386a7a926cbba962917f2e2.jpg

3189fd6931a934373531eda193415b85.jpg

Hang up and Drive

thank you, where can I get something like that?

please. any links? can we do that...

Thank you.

https://holmeshobbies.com/electroni...ssories/holmes-hobbies-rx-bypass-adapter.html.

Or eBay has sellers.

To remove the red pin use a needle or fine tweezer and lift the tab on the plug that stops the wire from backing out. Then tape it as it is “hot”

Also noted Milwaukee ! I was born at Columbia Hospital and two of my kids were born at St Mary’s , as we were eastsiders!

GPG !
56320c0d35bf75590cdcd52186d06e8f.jpg

Hang up and Drive

Last edited:
No Way, I was born at Columbia! ( I am 59 years old) :shock:
wow, what a small world. If you are in town, there are TWO very good crawling places, I would love to show you.
mike
:)

https://holmeshobbies.com/electroni...ssories/holmes-hobbies-rx-bypass-adapter.html.

Or eBay has sellers.

To remove the red pin use a needle or fine tweezer and lift the tab on the plug that stops the wire from backing out. Then tape it as it is “hot”

Also noted Milwaukee ! I was born at Columbia Hospital and two of my kids were born at St Mary’s , as we were eastsiders!

GPG !
56320c0d35bf75590cdcd52186d06e8f.jpg

Hang up and Drive

also, I forgot to mention,...
my daughter is a RN at the ER at st. Mary's.
"thumbsup"

wow, what a small world. If you are in town, there are TWO very good crawling places, I would love to show you.
mike

mike

I live about 1300miles south of Brewtown now..
And my middle daughter is also a RN, up in Jersey now.

Hang up and Drive

Last edited:
Well, MikeMCE.
please let me know when you are going to visit Milwaukee in the future,...
I can show you the Crawling places here around Milwaukee.
good people here! :mrgreen:
I live about 1300miles south of Brewtown now..
And my middle daughter is also a RN, up in Jersey now.

Hang up and Drive

OK, thank you very much for the tip, on the RX bypass Adapters.
I bought a couple of those and YES!!! this is the correct way to use a BEC, instead of going through the RX power bus to get current to the servo!!!
THANK YOU
it works great!
"thumbsup"

instead of using a separate power board for servos, does anyone use Capacitor's? i made a few small banks of 8v (don't remember the value, and they are sealed in shrink wrap ) caps about the size of 6 dimes stacked. i run most RX's at 6 volts, so its well within the range of the caps. i had a formula that i used, that gave the best range of microfarad (µF) for the max servo load/voltage drop.

the reason i am asking is correctly sized caps can solve many issues and they are maintenance free for little cost. The most expensive part is the servo plug/crimps and heat shrink.

plus- they do help prevent any RX glitches.

almost forgot, IF you do use caps, make sure you use the correct voltage range. ( 5 time constants ) too high a voltage value and it ll never charge, too low and it can fail quickly or go PUFF.

Very interesting... Can you take a pic of your custom capacitor setup?

ill take a few pics, at work for the moment.(rotating 12-swing shifts) a while back i had some glitching issues. then started having servo issues. I built a bunch of them in alternate shapes (2 or 3 caps) to see what fit the best. i even made a large cap bank for the ESC and it really was night and day change.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wifes smt10 with a battery cap.
these gave the truck a noticable change. punchy.
5ec4381c2389831f01041c85ad109657.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back