• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Double telescoping drive shafts?

idjmv

Working on a 6x6, current suspension set up lets me get some insane flex, but limited by the short driveshaft between the 2 rear axles. So i got to thinking, has a double telescoping driveshaft been done? I know itd only be like 50% more extension, but that's what id need. Other option is going to just be to put limiting straps

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Why don't you forget the passthrough axle and make the driveshaft go over the middle axle.

I did that on my Unimog and use 2 full driveshafts:
8FmgBHnh.jpg

I know It's not possible to do exactly like this but I've seen done earlier on TRX-4s, for instance

Why don't you forget the passthrough axle and make the driveshaft go over the middle axle.

I did that on my Unimog and use 2 full driveshafts:
8FmgBHnh.jpg

I know It's not possible to do exactly like this but I've seen done earlier on TRX-4s, for instance
Its a good idea, but i personally dont like it. Im gonna most likely just get some limiting straps. Ill be able to get good flex, just not the insane flex

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I did this because it was more correct for the truck I was replicating and was after I had the pass-through middle axle. That diff wasn't handling all that stress

Back