• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I have caught a glimpse of the elusive Swamp Squatch, they do exist! I was unprepared for the sighting however and need to spend the next 9 hours preparing my gear for the chase :twisted:

This is going to be a very long day of work... On another good note, the vendor known as Erik D_Lux has provided the shipping notification this morning for the ofna kit with spool for heavy rock days and the open diff for some final beat down. Hopefully the weather permits the USPS to get it here by the weekend.

1AA863D5-6A12-4716-8DD2-6482C654CE0B_zpshpw1b1cr.jpg

This Squatch must want to be found. It knows I have seen it, we locked eyes. It dropped something as it ran from me, a clue, or at least proof of existence!

8FC17A23-EA26-4A47-8925-04867F542788_zpszpmfgha7.jpg

It knows I am coming and it is obviously scared. It shed it's outer layer while fleeing! I found this just feet from where I spotted the other dropped item.

2D990C46-1A05-4A76-B862-86525D2A2AD2_zpsridzwovd.jpg

It pooped a fire extinguisher?

Apparently so! I have discarded it though, when I catch him I have a better solution than the one he "pooped".

He knows I'm close now, I can hear him running ahead of me, just out of eyesight.

In his fear or haste he has shed more :twisted:

0F15C8A5-75DE-4DD8-9AA5-7E3847DDF2A5_zpsrcry3ovv.jpg

Last edited:
I caught the sucker! I have him boxed up in the back of my FJ for the trip home. Then it is time to knock him out and perform a little exploratory surgery. See what makes him tick, then stitch him back up, nurse him to health, and have some fun with the Swamp Squatch!

B99A6F60-02DD-4168-A20D-47C75CC4DCCD_zpsjzw8ei1x.jpg

This concludes the story portion of this thread. Next update will be back to just a standard build thread...

UCfab lower links, DLUX upper links, and DLUX rear truss in G10 showed up today too! The rest of the DLUX goodies will hopefully make it here by the weekend.

Per Erik's recommendation and knowing just how abusive I can be, he recommended the G10 truss over the CF one I initially ordered. The CF is nice and blingy, and plenty strong, but the G10 material makes a stronger piece. When you are as hamfisted as I am, strong is good!

9C2A987A-6F2F-4302-9AC7-6A87472453CC_zpsoph7epxc.jpg

I suppose I should order Erik's truss too. Man's ilk have to send back the standard links and get the longer ones though. Love the UCFab arms though. Looking forward to getting mine installed this weekend.

Though it will be very short lived in this rig, got the front diff together. All is butter smooth! A tip to those new to diff building, use a little silicone shock oil on the o rings, and the backs of the spider gears prior to putting the e-clips on. Once the diff is filled, tightened, and the drive cups worked around a few times, it makes for a very smooth diff.

88557B93-8891-4886-8EB0-FCDDEA2B018A_zpsemmjuqli.jpg

I use Mobil1 Synthetic grease on the ring and pinion, as well as in the tranny and transfer case. Always have, always will!

Rear axle all buttoned up. This DLUX truss is artwork, and his Ti links are always spot on. I have run them on a few different rigs over the years.

281362BC-3A94-4A9B-BA11-E48EB31960A6_zps3wcd4yli.jpg

596E50B7-A24B-4A12-AABB-B9D3D2708C46_zpstqinuxay.jpg

Not sure if I will get anything else done tonight. It's getting late and I need to walk the dog. So far this rig is Camo approved! He wants to chase it already :twisted:

12-20-14_camo2_zpsfd4fdf91.jpg

Well, I just wouldn't be me if I didn't burn at least a little midnight oil to get a bit further into a build. It's amazing how much a kid, wife, and dog can slow you down. I got most of the front end together though, just needs steering and shocks. And of course the actual knuckles, shafts, and diff that will be part of the Swamp Squatch!

8E48A5E9-6C58-4E36-B6DE-D9B8023D08CB_zpsxv6l9xwq.jpg

As a final note for the evening, I am assembling this with revo balls in the rod ends. The Swamp Squatch would not survive long with plastic balls, he needs Balls of Steel!

Last edited:
Looks like I should not have spent time on the front diff last night. Well, it was good practice anyway!

Tomorrow night, commence full DLUXification :twisted:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_15 Jan. 28 12.32.gif
    ScreenHunter_15 Jan. 28 12.32.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 997
Those trusses are teh sex. If I could justify buying them for the Wraith that I never drive, I'd snap a set up for myself.

I did not get a lot accomplished tonight, with the DLUX goodies and a box from RPP coming tomorrow I did not want to take back apart what I had done today. I did manage to get the steering sorted though.

0A84A2A5-7628-47FC-9B21-0032AF00E06D_zpszpv076xt.jpg

And a little masking and painting. Don't expect too much here, my rattle can skills are limited at best.

281CE96E-CD5F-4D64-BA93-327F90D9F647_zpse49kkieo.jpg

Back