• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DIY scale rock crawler track made from foams

Having some fun test drive the new Orlando OH32A03 Defender on my custom crawling track! "thumbsup"

Photos:

Track expansion
Just created larger extension for more crawling area using recycled foams. "thumbsup"

Photos:
image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

Nice, I too, have been ripping up some old memory foam to make more terrain like places to keep the kid and I entertained.

Hope you enjoy building it because it very fun project to do during covid lockdown.

Btw some night shots of Jeep in action. I love the looks of it at night. "thumbsup"

Photos:

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

image.raw

Outstanding. Course looks awesome.

I built an Orlandoo Jeep. It got me hooked. Since I've built two X01s. One with a 3000rpm motor(which is WAY too much for it) as a rock bouncer and one with a 500rpm motor to be a crawler. Very much looking forward to crawling with that one once I get my ESC. They're amazing little machines. I'd suggest you build one. They're amazingly competent.

Next project for me is to build a crawler course similar to yours.

a few years before i started w crawling i made a war scene with my daughter. i would have made a great playground. we put foam block on a 4x6' x 1/2" birch ply. stapled on some burlap to make the terrain. then mixed blow in style insulation with a gallon of old leftover paint and covered it all with the mix...this time i would do it out of a hollow core door. they are light.. do a scene like a mountain side to lean up on a couch ect.

Back