• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Demo's upcoming Mantis build

DX3R is what Im leaning toward. I think there was one on the classifieds for a good price. Not really a fan of the Futaba ergonomics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You'll need a Wannasummit adapter with that radio to run dual ESC's. Check out the Airtronics MT-4 if you don't like Futaba. I picked one up and I'm really liking it. Or go cheaper and get a hacked Flysky GT3B.

You can always run a single FXR with a punk dig if you don't feel like buying a new radio.

Why did I waste money on the Novak M2? What a pile of junk. What ESC setup should I put in this thing now?

Hahaha.... My thoughts exactly the second I wired it up.

I've upgraded to 2 fxrs and liking it a lot. I may consider sidewinders for the drag brake though.

I have always liked the mantis... And loving your build!

Oh and I was in the same boat as you with choosing a radio.... I ended up getting the MT-4 and haven't looked back! Only issue is that there is little info on the MT-4 setting it up for dual esc's... However with the help of Addicted (great bloke) I was able to set it up real easy!

Do you have a weight of you rig? Can't find any weights anywhere!

Following this build closely!

Only issue is that there is little info on the MT-4 setting it up for dual esc's... However with the help of Addicted (great bloke) I was able to set it up real easy!

Glad I could help. Oh BTW I hear there is a guy that goes by the name BadMagick29 on Youtube that made a quick yet fairly detailed video on MOA setup for the MT-4."thumbsup"

Sweet discussion, mantis build an oh yeah, airtronics mt-4! I run one on my xr as well, I love the motor mixing knob on it! For me it makes it easy as can be. No buttons to push to mix, Just a roll of ur thumb.

Do you have a weight of you rig? Can't find any weights anywhere!

Following this build closely!

I havent done any weighing as of yet, I plan on doing a full tear down after the final set up is determined and I will do a full write up. I know it is heavy now so we will see where we can save some weight. Its not going to be a fly weight like some of the switch chassid rigs but we will see what we can get down to.

As far as the replacement for the M2 setup, I think Im going to run 2 Sidewinders through a 4PL (after looking at the Airtronics and iwannasummit options). Im going to be searching for doing the de-casing and crushing them down to minimize the size and save a few grams. Might have to outsource that work though :mrgreen: I will upgrade to some HH motors sometime in the near future after I get a little testing in on the RockStars.

I know it is heavy now so we will see where we can save some weight. Its not going to be a fly weight like some of the switch chassid rigs but we will see what we can get down to.

Keep in mind that the Mantis chassis likes the weight. It works better a little on the heavier side.

Opinions on the red cab? I'm thinking it needs to be a bit darker. The VP stuff is more toward crimson red. The bead locks which were black delrin came out better than the white delrin based cab and I like them like they are.
se9ybe4u.jpg

Thanks for all of the positive comments!
Found an almost new 4PL on the classifieds with two Rx so I picked that up yesterday. I am still unsure on the ESCs though. I am a Castle fan and have had nothing but good experiences with their products. Kinnda stuck on the choice between sidewinder and micro pro. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all of the positive comments!
Found an almost new 4PL on the classifieds with two Rx so I picked that up yesterday. I am still unsure on the ESCs though. I am a Castle fan and have had nothing but good experiences with their products. Kinnda stuck on the choice between sidewinder and micro pro. Any suggestions?

The MSW and MP are the same thing except for the heatsink on the MP, or so I have been told. I have been running dual micro sidewinders for around 8 months now with good results.

Go with the Holmes man, he has the slim lines too for the esc, extremely smooth and amazing drag(Holmes hold) Good call with the 4Pl, u would have eventually went with one anyway so why delay the inevitable. I like the red, the darker is boring on the rocks for me. If u change ur mind I have a wannasummit mixer for sale on the classifieds :)

Well guys, I am $120 away from having everything I need to finish out this rig but about to go into a holding pattern for a week or two. I decided to move from the demolition company that I am currently at to a different demo company. Might take a couple weeks for my background check and physical stuff to come back so its time to conserve a little cash. Updates as soon as the Sidewinders are ordered up though.

Here is my friends mantis. We just finished it yesterday. I'm building a black one and I'm just waiting for a few more parts and I will be done. I did mock mine up and try it and it crawled awesomely. Can't wait to drive The mantis on a regular basis.
y6u8epaz.jpg
qysubadu.jpg
usehe8a8.jpg
ava5uqu7.jpg

Shannimal

Man if finding stuff for you means some updates......................I suppose I can help."thumbsup"

Here ya go.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elec...s-etc.html?highlight=dual+esc+wiring+diagrams

Towards the end there are some diagrams for dual esc.

Now you have a reason for an update."thumbsup":lmao::lmao:

Man I wish I had the parts in so I could do a update. Still waiting on the ESCs to show up. Ordered them off Amazon but they weren't Prime so slow shipping from a hobby shop. I will be shaving a set of Boss Claws this weekend so I can try them out once I get everything else together.

I do appreciate the interest though. "thumbsup"

Back