• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cross-RC GC4 New Build

FourDogs

Rock Stacker
Just got a CrossRC GC4 last week. Found out that the only authorized dealer in the USA is Oshkosh, WI Hobbytown USA. Call Bob and tell him Travis sent you his way. He is carrying all the Cross-RC trucks if anyone is interested. I'll be posting pics of my build progress once I get them uploaded, but until then, here is a link to my youtube thread of the build.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHi_aDWH5U-kXHFWSSf9Qsu8oydT_B0gM

16d78344dd6d5d7f2b88051eac229c95.jpg

551c204fb1fa0be77124cb4bac1c3f31.jpg

5d7581b97fdf8c8cf19715b4cb01513f.jpg

405fef19f314902f60c963e9e58c3b20.jpg

50dca9f42e96d82c34f0af8454ac5d95.jpg

76343830c9b105569ef6668d4dea58ac.jpg

9bc3ce75991de4522b9c3a8bb7fce3b1.jpg

c63ecd0dce59ec759a5fe66bb910d885.jpg

661605d17c2e653bae35db15d0475396.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty bad ass kit. Im liking the cross stuff. Had an mc8 for a while now. And have my eye on the uc6. Thanks for the hobby town heads up. Only retailers ive known of till now are stellamodels, (china i believe) and greensmodels, (uk). Became an instant fan of greensmodels, lots of parts stocked there. Will deff checkout hobbytown.

Thats a pretty bad ass kit. Im liking the cross stuff. Had an mc8 for a while now. And have my eye on the uc6. Thanks for the hobby town heads up. Only retailers ive known of till now are stellamodels, (china i believe) and greensmodels, (uk). Became an instant fan of greensmodels, lots of parts stocked there. Will deff checkout hobbytown.

Yeah, i did a bit of emailing and calling around before finally talking to a rep at cross-RC who gave me Bobs info at HobbyTown USA. Be sure to tell him Travis sent you to him! Lol.

Cool, ive been waiting a good build thread of GC4. That typo in the box still gets me every time... Sacle.. hah! :D

Anyhow, it seems GC4 comes with pre-assembled axles, hows the stiffness of those leafs?

With PG4 i had no quality issues, couple of design flaws but quality should be good. How are your feelings about the overall quality?

The leafs seem nice, but I won't be able to give an accurate assessment until its first run. They are a bit stiff, but it's a truck.......
As far as design flaws, I haven't really hit any snags yet except for some machining issues on the bed that were rectified with sand paper.
Overall, I'm very happy with it so far. The bed is getting a few coats of paint now, so it won't be long before my first trial run.
I'll be swapping the motor to a brushless as well since I now sell TenShock RC906 crawler motors. I think it'll be a good match.

wow this is looking nice! im hoping to have one soon. bob said they will ship to him on the 24th.. nice Color!!

92931badb22c155f6aed8a9daf3c8d01.jpg

Almost done. I'm having some light kit issues, but it is being addressed by CrossRC. I'll keep y'all updated on their support.

09f290f5f130955c4d94104a50eddd24.jpg

Driver is in and truck is buttoned up.

I stayed with a brushed motor for now due to space requirements. I just don't have a brushless esc that'll fit properly with everything else.

The only real issue with the truck thus far is a faulty light kit. All lights work except for the headlights and front right marker light. I've contacted HobbyTown USA who in turn has contacted Ivan at Cross-RC who said he has sent this to his engineer to be resolved. I'll definitely update the thread with how their support is because if support is crap, that can kind of kill the desire to buy more kits from them, right? However, if they take care of the issue, then we got a hit.

Well, I'm off to edit more build video.

The only real issue with the truck thus far is a faulty light kit. All lights work except for the headlights and front right marker light. I've contacted HobbyTown USA who in turn has contacted Ivan at Cross-RC who said he has sent this to his engineer to be resolved. I'll definitely update the thread with how their support is because if support is crap, that can kind of kill the desire to buy more kits from them, right? However, if they take care of the issue, then we got a hit.

Well, I'm off to edit more build video.

I take it that you have the exact same light controller as i do with PG4.
I had also problems with the head lights, but i tried to connect the headlights in to different, empty socket in the light controller and they began to work. Markers i didnt use so i wouldnt know about those.
I think the problem is, that there must be wrong socket in the instructions i recon.

What comes to Cross-RC's customer service, i woulnt keep my hopes up, but as i bought my PG4 from Greens Models, i had excellent customer service from there.

I take it that you have the exact same light controller as i do with PG4.
I had also problems with the head lights, but i tried to connect the headlights in to different, empty socket in the light controller and they began to work. Markers i didnt use so i wouldnt know about those.
I think the problem is, that there must be wrong socket in the instructions i recon.

159aa33526285dadf13affbb08ecebe8.jpg

Here's the board the lights connect to. No empty slots. The 2 on the left are for the headlight/marker lights, the one in the center is the roof lights, and the 2 on the right are the tail lights.

Is this the same board you have?

Upon further testing, the lights are good. I plugged both headlights individually into the roof light plug (center) and the headlights came on. So, it is either the controller or this jumper board......

That what the main control board looks like inside the box. The one I pictured is just the jumper board. The main control unit connects to the esc and servos and then feeds this jumper board. I'll take a picture of it later when I get home.

3a91bd94fe11e85b20451eec966458b5.jpg

I think the problem is here.....
Still no word back from support yet.

Oh, thats interesting. PG4 doesnt have that jumper board, only the main light controller where everything is connected.

Awesome nice build!!

Just ordered mine... Cant wait to get it in my hands..

Sendt fra min D6603 med Tapatalk

FourDogs,

I enjoyed your Cross RC GC4 build videos on YouTube which enticed me to purchase a GC4.

I'd like to mount a winch on my build. Any you recommend for the stock GC4 bumper?

I have the same kit quality is great, the gluing sucks but other than that i am impressed

Super cool. Hope they get your lights figured out. The more I look at cross kits the more I want one.

What part of Kansas are you in?

Back