• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Crawler Innovations "Big Blue" - 2.2 KOH Crawler; wraith based

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413577218.700110.jpg

Only two points between Szczerba and I in 2.2 comp. I had two reverses, he had none. Crawlapalooza was so much fun! Thank you to Everyone who made it possible.

..Uploaded from the lab @ the C.I. Compound...

New year, new season of comps, and some new upgrades. :)

First up was Axial machined transmission gears.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034727.623639.jpg

Next up was a Tekin 2500 KV Pro4 HD motor:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034804.457013.jpg

I'm trying out a new water repellant that chad30w recommended:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034882.307278.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034898.930871.jpg

This video is a compilation of video footage from many different RC cars Crawler Innovations has built and used to test and develop CI products. This video has the Sczcerba built 8x8 crawler hauler, "Top Shelf", CI "mega truck", 3 Pro 2.2 MOA trucks, 1 Sportsmans truck, "Big Blue", and 1:6 Willis Jeep. All vehicles have Crawler Innovations foams in one flavor or another.

Crawler Tires, Crawler Foams, Parts and Accessories by Crawler Innovations

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6a84m7evLK4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Badass rig, lots of great info an pics and vids. Does that motor fit into the skid with no mods? What gearing are you running?

This thing is amazing!!!!

Thank you for the compliment.

Badass rig, lots of great info an pics and vids. Does that motor fit into the skid with no mods? What gearing are you running?

The skid needs to have a small amount of material removed where the back of the motor hits the upper link mount.

I'm geared down. Crawler Innovations 5mm Lightened Steel Transmission Outputs allow for RRP Steel Traxxas E Revo 60 tooth spur gear with RRP 11tooth steel pinion on 4S Lipo 40C 1300mah battery. The Tekin HD Motor has been the smoothest, most consistent, most efficient motor I have run in this rig. The Tekin HD motor and Castle 1 cell MMP ESC run average temps of around 160 degrees. This set up can yield run times of 25-35 minutes depending on the trigger finger. That's great for only a 1300mah 4S lipo battery!

Forgot to mention, I just received my CI foams for my TSX XL and wow what a difference! I havent ran them yet due to still trying to get the SSD rims back together haha but I know It will be so much better! I also have to mount my CI battery tray which I am way too excited about!

This video is a compilation of video footage from many different locations using RC cars Crawler Innovations has built and used to test and develop CI products. This video features the 1:6 Willys Jeep, the Forced Wraith, Big Blue, a Wrexo, two different 2.2 Pro MOA Rock Crawlers; Top Shelf, the Mini Clod, the 1:5 Savage, and the Mega Truck. All vehicles have build threads on the rccrawler forum. All vehicles have Crawler Innovations foams in one flavor or another.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DOeffAc56nY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forgot to mention, I just received my CI foams for my TSX XL and wow what a difference! I havent ran them yet due to still trying to get the SSD rims back together haha but I know It will be so much better! I also have to mount my CI battery tray which I am way too excited about!

Thank you for your purchase of CI Products. Have you run those foams yet?

wow big blue is one of my favorite rigs I just love the way it looks

Thank you for the kind words.

This video is a compilation of video footage from many different locations using RC cars Crawler Innovations has built and used to test and develop CI products. This video features the 8x8, the FTOY, 1:6 Willys Jeep, the Forced Wraith, Big Blue, Top Shelf, and the Fun Truck. All vehicles have build threads on the rccrawler forum. All vehicles have Crawler Innovations foams in one flavor or another.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oVIuiEWd6OY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got this rig back in the shop to add a rear sway bar. Wraith front sway setup and a piece of 3/16" tube for the mount. Tacked in place and everything just barely clears.
f944a81b802d480fb1d4434e735673c1.jpg

Got this rig back in the shop to add a rear sway bar. Wraith front sway setup and a piece of 3/16" tube for the mount. Tacked in place and everything just barely clears.
f944a81b802d480fb1d4434e735673c1.jpg

Nice work as usual Shane and thank you for doing it. The rear sway bar has been needed for some time now and this is going to be a big improvement on Big Blue. I'm excited to get it back and on the rocks.

Winter plans for this truck are to update the axles to V2 housings from Vanquish Products, re-wire it completely for more battery space and to lower COG some, as well as add some scale updates and details.

One of the upgrades that I installed on this truck for Crawlapalooza was a set of the Vaterra Ascender aluminum shocks. I removed the 8 scale shocks Big Blue had been running. They were more for looks than function as none of them would hold oil. I was pressed for time so I installed the aluminum ascender shocks as is, only changing the springs and spring cups. I used Jeepindoug SCX cups with Hot Racing 1:10 Yeti springs from there assortment pack they sell.

The new set up works great and I did finish 3rd in the king of Disney class for 2.2. The king of Disney class meant you used the same vehicle in all classes and it averaged out the scores. Day G6 & Day Poker Run, Hill Climb, Rock Crawler Courses, Night G6 & Night Poker Run

Big Blue is in this video:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wFKox9PNAjo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Big Blue is still going strong. Vanquish Products sent a pair of their new wraith knuckle weights for VP aluminum wraith steering knuckles. The fit and finish is great. They weigh 3oz each and fit snug around the knuckle. This was a needed upgrade on Big Blue because the previous knuckle weight system had maxed out at 2.8 oz and being a solid metal rod very heavy scaler, it needed a bit more knuckle weight.
45b432159b8d3eff0ffb92312eb42ff4.jpg

d219dbdff2324c1dcbd77d65af906672.jpg

Previous set up:
1b21cfd0cadac798dc6c9c432422a3f0.jpg

9eea5f7c89cedd79445d530d813865dd.jpg

New shoes update:

4d043ccbea28d652a86b2e6d82ca160a.jpg

RC4WD 2.2 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tires
CI 6.0" Double Deuce Comp Cut Foams
CWR-1025 front
CWR-1026 rear
No tuning rings installed
Vanquish Products KMC 795 Bead locks
071c010d576749fcbc663193d0037b1b.jpg

c02c7055aa4ff7374f4d58213417fb96.jpg

CI purchased these tires in the X2 S3 compound. They have a tall and narrow profile which is quite nice for technical rock crawling and crawlers with 4WS.

...uploaded from the lab at the C.I. compound...

ETXRCC is having a get together this Saturday at Barnwell Mountain ORV Park in Gilmer, Texas. I'm going to test out the new alien compound in the Rock Beast 2's from Pitbull tires on Big Blue. I'm very curious to see how they will do on the red iron ore in the humidity. The tires are filled with Crawler Innovations 6.0 Double Deuce comp cut inners and medium outers in front, CWR-1025. The rear pair is filled with CI 6.0 Double Deuce comp cut inners and firm outers, CWR-1026. The bead locks are Vanquish Products SHR 2.2 Vintage in grey. Here are a couple pictures:

36488822292_fc47b49297_b.jpg

35823392284_c915e89f37_b.jpg

Back