• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cpe Claw Build, #2 Prototype

:shock: back from the dead:lol: , i had to add some pics of my beloved THE CLAW:twisted: , i also have a NN clod, a PIMP CANE aka HUGGY BEAR:lol: , but i enjoy driving the most my CPE THE CLAW:twisted: , here are some pics of my rig and my friend's CPE EVO, this our new crawl spot, awesome rocks and ledges only downside is the 100-200 ft drops straight down:shock:

Attachments

• Picture 003-1.jpg
    Picture 003-1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 880
  • Picture 006-1.jpg
    Picture 006-1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 904
  • Picture 005-1.jpg
    Picture 005-1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 868
thanks thats great.
i believe that cpe is located not to far from me maybe a half hour, probably have in a day or two after i order it. have to finish one other project first.

that would be my 2 brushless outrunners trying to fold the chassis in a bind:shock: :twisted: , the chassis works awesome, great center clearance, it sidehills pretty good, i'll try to get a better video this week "thumbsup"

Mine does the same thing and only run 55 turn integy motors with a 8t pinion. That spring really gets tweaked in a bind. Made a 3rd link to mount to the top of the axle and the chassis and still did it. I am thinking of mounting a set of shocks some how and controlling some of that flex. All in due time, I wheel it as is, for now. Thing does crawl good though."thumbsup"

Hey man... Who has that black n blue Rubi with the Hatchetman on the hood? I ask 'cos that's my old TLT body I painted last year...;) I have to admit, it's strange seein' my shell on another truck in a totally different country... It went when I traded my TLT for the Gecko I have today...

Here it is next to what I drive now...

Last edited:
Hey i gave to my friend who i sold my CPE EVO chassis to, it was a little scratched up when i got it but it looks nice still"thumbsup" , i got this courtesy of smokin u by rc when i bought a set of tlt axles from him

That's awesome... I'm glad to see it got out... I didn't have it long enuff to get it on the rocks... It was gettin' the Gecko II that got things rolling locally here... Took me about 2 hours to mask and cut that design out... I printed it on paper then just traced it out from the inside of the body and voila... 2 hours of painting later, I ended up with that...

We had a gtg, and the claw did pretty good as always, except on one obstacle that only the stick chassis could clear, also the moabs did pretty good as usual but quickly turn into crap as soon as they got wet and got in to dirt, the mashers did way better on this course, anyways some pics .

Attachments

• DSC02477-1.jpg
    DSC02477-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 696
  • DSC02461-1.jpg
    DSC02461-1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 686
Short vid, i have changed the pinions from 8 tooth to 7 tooth on the rear diff and 6 tooth on the front, still have some good wheelspeed (gotta love the mambas and JRH outrunners) and much better low end control"thumbsup"

:shock: Sounds like a rattle snake is there with you . Better watch it. :lol:

Looks Very good. ;-)

Thanks for the comment PROTOTYPE"thumbsup", well in a never ending effort of not letting this thread die:lol:, i keep dragging along the mods i make to it so slooowly:lol:, anyways i finally decided that since competition down here is starting to get better, thanks to a couple of my crawler buddies stepping up on their tires and setups, i'am no longer King:x;-):lol:, so i need to step up my own driving and rig, i have decided to go with cvd's in front to try out, thanks RCP, if all goes well i will get 5 more sets for the rear and my 2 other clods, i also am trying a dig on my CLAW, here are the pics of the dig and i will take pics of the cvd's if they fit in all right.

Attachments

• DSC02746.JPG
    DSC02746.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 635
  • DSC02745.JPG
    DSC02745.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC02744.JPG
    DSC02744.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC02743.JPG
    DSC02743.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 626
So i continue with the mods, this time i installed a set of Thundertech mip cvd's8), i dissasembled the diffs followed directions and reassembled in about 30 minutes no problems, after i assembled everything back together, i tried out the steering and gave me awesome travel left to right:shock:, the only problem i have now is my 23mm wheel adapters don't work:x:-(, need some help here, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC02748.JPG
    DSC02748.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC02749.JPG
    DSC02749.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC02750.JPG
    DSC02750.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 596
  • DSC02751.JPG
    DSC02751.JPG