• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Copperhead vs. Mamba X In a mostly trail Gshot

mikro383

Quarry Creeper
Long story short, got a Scx10 II with Capra drive train, ordered a G speed G shot kit, ordered a Dlux portal transmission, but will probably run the Capra dig transmission for awhile, also have a built 3 gear. Will be on 1.9 wheels, have the 1 step up from stock overdrive portal gears, running the savox servo I got it with. Probably won't ever see a Comp so not trying to fit into a class, Lots of slick rock and very loose dirt so wanting to stay away from an Outrunner, seen the comments about the Copperhead and like the stouter BEC in the Mamba X 1/10 not micro, weight and clearance not really an issue, and also Looking at the Holmes Puller pro stubby in 2200kv or should I go 2700kv and or full size 540 can, I am throttle happy and like big hills but I'm no rock racer and still want good low speed control, mostly 3s batteries but 4s not off the table, what do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Tried to pm you, but your inbox is full…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleared up now, also to note will be running some brass portal covers, know the plastic axle housings can be questionable with power so maybe the 2700kv is a little much? Already have 1 spare housing lol.

Cleared up now, also to note will be running some brass portal covers, know the plastic axle housings can be questionable with power so maybe the 2700kv is a little much? Already have 1 spare housing lol.

Personally I prefer the mamba, just because it has the auxiliary wire, a heavy duty bec, and can be had for not much more than the copperhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*** IGNORE the statement below:

BTW - The Copperhead will NOT let you run 4S - max is 3S..."thumbsup"

*** I checked again and realized I was looking at the SW4!

:)oops:)

Last edited:
BTW - The Copperhead will NOT let you run 4S - max is 3S..."thumbsup"

Why is that durok? Where did u get the copperhead will NOT run 4s? Just curious. Ive got a copperhead in my c1 n run 4s with no issues. It doesnt run hot, the fan has never came on, the motor doesnt get hot, n i get 2+ hrs run time from a 4s 1400mah 75c batt. The esc is rated 2-4s

Why is that durok? Where did u get the copperhead will NOT run 4s? Just curious. Ive got a copperhead in my c1 n run 4s with no issues. It doesnt run hot, the fan has never came on, the motor doesnt get hot, n i get 2+ hrs run time from a 4s 1400mah 75c batt. The esc is rated 2-4s

MASSIVE fail on my part - I was looking at the listings on RPP Hobbies and clicked on the Sidewinder 4 picture, and read the specs there.

Good thing you cleared that up, as well - I have a NIB Copperhead that I haven't installed yet and was about to get annoyed that I had missed the limitations!

:lmao:

MASSIVE fail on my part - I was looking at the listings on RPP Hobbies and clicked on the Sidewinder 4 picture, and read the specs there.

Good thing you cleared that up, as well - I have a NIB Copperhead that I haven't installed yet and was about to get annoyed that I had missed the limitations!

:lmao:
Its all good, just lookin out for u lol. I thought the sw4 was 4s as well, good to know its not

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I run a Dlux Portal trans in my G-Shot, using a HH Crawlmaster mini V2, and have a Mamba X in my 4-10 Ultra and a Copperhead in my 4-10 Phoenix. You can't go wrong with either (though some people have had issues with the Copperhead) someone else noted the beefier BEC in the Mamba X. I run mainly direct power servos so the Copperhead saves you a few dollars...

Bought a Castle Mamba X and Slate 2850kv combo, a direct powered servo is on the upgrade list, I'll be soldering in a Jst pig tail so it's ready but have a decent servo for now probably be awhile before I convert it, it's still quite capable as is, I'll post up my opinions some time. Thanks to those who replied.

Back