• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Clod sized Mud Slinger bead issue

Thorsteenster

I wanna be Dave
I bought a couple pairs and their Universal Monster Truck Beadlock V2 wheels to mount them on.
So the tire's beads are shite, portions of it are too thick to fit in the wheels bead groove.
Just curious if anyone else has modded the tire beads and what you did.
Was thinking I'd break out a fresh X-Acto blade and trim it down but it's too much so likely will flip the tire inside out and Dremel it with a sanding drum.
As long as they've made these fricking tires you'd think they could get a consistent bead thickness but I guess RC4WD will be RC4WD...

I got one pair mounted with quite a bit of finessing, but the second set's a no-go. Thicker parts of the bead don't set in enough to get screws in. Even if I could it deforms the sidewall where the bead doesn't seat fully.

Back