• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Class 1 ?

Dave.B

I am new to the hobby and want to get started on a Class 1 SORCCA scale rig. Right now I'm trying to decide on a starting point - whether to go with a kit such as a VS410 or start from the ground up with a Brazin C1 Pro or GSpeed V1C1 Chassis?

Is the VS410 Portal Phoenix Class 1 ready out of the box? I did read that the Dig option cannot be used in Class 1 - I assume this is correct?

Also, here are my thoughts so far for a C1 Pro, but still dont know where to go with some options:

Brazin C1 Pro Kit
-Pro Skid
-Dual servo mount
-Panhard mount
Brazin C1 Pro Mount Sliders

Axles?
AR44 or AR45?
CURRIE VS4-10 D44
Other axle option????

Transmission
TGH CREEPER-T or VFD Transmission ?

Links Options
Brazin C1 Pro Stainless or
Brazin C1 Pro Titanium

Shocks ???
INCISION 90MM SCALE SHOCKS

Drive shafts
Incision Drive Shafts

Kimbrough 60 Tooth 32P Precision Spur Gear #239

Winch ?

Anything else hardware/chassis wise Im missing that does not include electronics/wheels/tires etc.

Thanks for any help getting me pointed in the right direction.

First off, welcome to the addiction lol. This is the place to get great info on pretty well any rig u want to build. Tons of great people as well.

The phoenix body is not c1 approved, the fenders dont cover atleast half the tires, unfortunantly. Its a pretty good lookin body. And u are correct, dig is not allowed in class 1. At scale nationals, they told me that the o/d is basically a type of dig, so for c3 i was able to use both options.

As for the trans, cant go wrong with either one really. If u go vfd, id run the ar45s for better driveshaft clearance. The vfd comes with a really good matched spur n pinion setup, money saved imo.

3bros rc has a great servo winch, which is direct power up to 4s i believe. Theres a few others that are good too. Somebody recently introdueced a new one too.

Hardware, get u a team knk monster bag. I use stainless, but they have black oxide as well. 1500 pieces of all different sizes in button head n cap head.

Hope this helps! If i think of anything else, ill come n post up for u

I have the V1C1 and do good with that. I run a revolver, high power servo, I think it is an HH. SW4, scale winch TGH FFM. With my lexan body I am under 6lbs and and about 4-5 ounces more for the hardbody and legit sliders.

I think the Brazin has a smaller center section. I really think choosing a smaller center is an important thing in a comp rig. So maybe the Brazin.

I would not buy anything out of the box.

My C1 is scale to the extent the rules say. I will favor performance over scale put do the necessary things to get the points.

Last edited:
Back