• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Chicklet's*Axial EXO TERRA*Build***PICS***

What did you find that 540 were not the good choice?

Not necessarily a bad choice, but basing it off of other builds and 4x4 SC's, the 550's and 4pole 540's are a better choice. I want to avoid heat issues or worse yet, pull a Harley.:mrgreen::lmao: And mostly personal preference.

I have been delaying buying one, mostly to see what the weak spots are, and waiting for parts to be more available. love the detailed build :)

Why did you go with the tekin RX8 BL? over other brushless esc's?

Last edited:
I have been delaying buying one, mostly to see what the weak spots are, and waiting for parts to be more available. love the detailed build :)

Why did you go with the tekin RX8 BL? over other brushless esc's?
Just figured I'd run Tekin all the way. Didn't want any heating issues, the RX8 is recommended for this motor and is overkill because its a 1/8 ESC.

MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up. dont let this one end up like Harley's.:roll:
I won't. That made me so sad. :cry:

so your saying the rx8 will run cooler? and isnt it bad if its overkill for the motor? im new to electronics lol i just know its important to stay cool

Do like using that monoject? can you reuse it as much as you want?

Last edited:
Nope the RX8 is not overkill, Tekin designed the Pro4 for the RX8. First run tonite ~8 mins of long WOT pulls, I saw about 100 degree motor temps. The RX8 also comes with an ESC fan.

Monoject works great. You can keep refilling it.

Maiden run tonite....I broke it. LOL! Ugh. I'll post pics tomorrow. Put it this way...she was limping back.

Ok is that good temps?

cool to bad the monojet was 25 bucks lol i bought a 4 dollar one!

did you blow a cap off one of the shocks? sounds like you had fun!

Yeah good temps, mind you I'm NOT running the interior at all. Short course guys are getting 165 on the packed dirt racetrack (different truck, similiar gearing)

Here are some pics...(the lower control arm broke, spit the pin out and then lost the dogbone). :evil:.

VP, I'm waiting for you!!!

dde84f21.jpg

4e78db49.jpg

37553467.jpg

ce45112b.jpg

We have the arms in stock. Not sure on the pins :oops:
They aren't showing on the site. I have the pin (it didn't come out).

cmon now...fess up..what were you doing with it..??

trying to clear a triple at the mx track??:mrgreen:
Haha I wish. :flipoff: I really wanted to take it to the skate park north of my house but yeah, none for me. Maybe when I get her up and ready with the street tires. :twisted:

That's not fun, put it together to only put back on the bench. If Vp does what they did for the wraith. Then I'm in trouble!

Back