• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cherokee build - Very Scale - SCX10

how did you paint your body? every time i roll my rc i can see spots where the paint separates it self from the body :/

You have to use spray paint made for Polycarbonate body's.
TowerHobbies.com | Search Results

It has different solvents in it that sort of "melt" into the plastic to make a strong bond. If you used something else, you probably can't try to just spray over the first stuff because it may react and wrinkle or at least not penetrate through to do any good. If you can flake off the old paint with a fingernail or old credit card then you could start over with the Poly paint. Also washing a body with warm soapy (dish soap) water first is always a good idea, just make sure to rinse clean and dry with clean paper towels.

Last edited:
i painted the inside of the body. I guess I used too much paint.. do you know of a good way to remove the paint? other than brake fluid? cause i really dont wana try that.. lol

i just checked and i bought the wrong paint. i have tamiya for plastics not polycarbonate. this all could have been avoided is the sucky part. i did a really good job painting it too.

i painted the inside of the body. I guess I used too much paint.. do you know of a good way to remove the paint? other than brake fluid? cause i really dont wana try that.. lol

Oh, okay, my mistake. When I saw pictures of the body I thought you had some black paint on the outside of the body too. I don't think it would be worth it to try to repaint the Cherokee body, easier to start with a new body.

Last edited:
i just checked and i bought the wrong paint. i have tamiya for plastics not polycarbonate. this all could have been avoided is the sucky part. i did a really good job painting it too.

Oh, that's why I mentioned about the part number with the PS in it. So now we have the answer.

Last edited:
I agree, you DID do a good job on the painting. Did you do the window trim and the black on the rear quarter panels in flat black on the outside? It looked good.

Last edited:
yea i did the details on the outside. i have to wait till monday to order the correct paint.

But in the mean time im not sure what method to use to remove the old paint

Man, I know you don't want to hear this but I think it's easier to start with a new body and keep that as a beater.

I don't know any way to get that paint off without ruining the body.

Maybe you can flex the body and make the rest of the paint fall off?

On second thought, you can sand the paint off with say 220 - 320 grit and paint it again. The paint will fill in the sand scratches and you won't even see it from the other side. As long as you don't hurt the clear outside surface.

But you will have to make new window masks unless you kept the old ones.
And now that you peeled off the overspray film you will have to mask/paper off the whole outside when painting the inside.

See what I mean about starting with a new one would be easier.

Very nice. Where did you get those Warn-style front hub covers, and do they repace the standard nylock nut or are they just a cap?

Back