• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

CFX going hopped up

New metal bumper.

It's quite hard to find metal bumpers that would fit the Jimny's narrow body. The aftermarket Jimny bumpers are made of plastic and priced high ($60 each). I found this bumper with the proper width that fits the Jimny. But the mounting of course is much different as this is made for SCX10. So I ordered a generic SCX10 aluminum bumper mount. Fits the CFX's chassis with a little modification on chassis' (widen the screw holes to allow the mount to be screwed). Then I also removed the long triangular bull bar installed on the bumper.

Aluminum bumper mount installed.

Yv7EEdMh.jpg

w4ekcwQh.jpg

Removed this triangular bar

MKrFGubh.jpg

Test fit... Perfect!

3CG8e3bh.jpg

rG3vY0zh.jpg

mi2XOAJh.jpg

139eYaxh.jpg

Update:

Installed rear bumper with rear fog lamps.

Bought this KYX rear bumper for 313. It was too wide so I cut the side bars to make it shorter. Then installed rear fog lamps.

JqxTbW7h.jpg

Painted the lens of the rear fog lamps to clear red and the reflector housing to bright silver.

t56WvwEh.jpg

1Py0WETh.jpg

1ZnWnV7h.jpg

Installed

rJeNKe4h.jpg

wgnwUOCh.jpg

FDJHDlJh.jpg

Dwa4uuwh.jpg

jzdqzoUh.jpg

65b4K5Hh.jpg

bWk2G7dh.jpg

kctnJdoh.jpg

Ordered a newer electronic box. Bigger to fit the light switch circuits and it's made of aluminum. Re-arranged the wires too.

EYgdLuUh.jpg

ic8ja8Dh.jpg

hxM5aX5h.jpg

rPpVzOQh.jpg

Replaced the plastic steering lower link to aluminum too. No more flexing.

XCSBPWLh.jpg

Did a some night runs in the street with my friend and my daughter (driving the CC-01)

Xq9taKNh.jpg

CvF4Xinh.jpg

Last edited:
The final pieces to complete the build...

• steel center shaft
  • aluminum center skid plate
  • stainless skid plate
  • stainless steel flange balls

tE0ysxmh.jpg

oF1rZXZh.jpg

DD8SiOjh.jpg

vPEVIzuh.jpg

iNBe20eh.jpg

All set!
SDYttvwh.jpg

Got new 1.9 beadlock wheels and tires for Mr. Jimny. $30 for the wheels and $20 for the tires. I love the finish on this one. Looks like sand-blasted finish.

5sS2LONh.jpg

This beadlock mounting toll works great. Mounting beadlock wheels really takes a lot of time and effort. Usually, 15-20 minutes*to mount per wheel. But with the help of this tool, five*minutes*per wheel only.

nFiV45Vh.jpg

fv6IsO4h.jpg

Mounted.*Looks great!

P5DFL9Zh.jpg

This set even comes*with center caps.

zTZEMLfh.jpg

veJm7BWh.jpg

Love it!

vP3NHOth.jpg

NExuS7Th.jpg

aUJh2pDh.jpg

CFX's first outdoor trail at our friend's place. We drove about 130km down south.

pvDdmshh.jpg

7zgkVGLh.jpg

09mpbLGh.jpg

4843oCFh.jpg

I'm very impressed with this little one and keeping up with the 313mm brothers was not a problem at all. I'm glad that aside from looking good,*the upgrades are worth it.

Upgraded the shocks. Been wanting this set of KYX for quite sometime now. It's been in my cart but never purchased it. Until I saw it in another online shop at half the price ($28 for 2 pairs) and bought it right away. Rebuilt them and added oil. Works great! Spring rate and rebound is really nice and smooth.

zjdmA6Oh.jpg

EN7T1amh.jpg

amZ5Xsih.jpg

2duNdDTh.jpg

Rww0XYdh.jpg

rO3PhHph.jpg

Finally an axle guard!

It is inevitable that the diff housing will get scratches and scrapes. So guard is very important. This is also the last mod pieces of this rig for the under chassis (I think). Now it's ready for this weekend's trailing and crawling.

AvorU9ch.jpg

82iVbA8h.jpg

G9kOA6Ih.jpg

wgLVMoNh.jpg

tHkNNBph.jpg

s6B3Khdh.jpg

- Installed servo guard skid plate

vU1YAZWh.jpg

- aluminum shock tower extension for 90/100mm shocks.

ggi7rbHh.jpg

iC4aqOWh.jpg

The suspension works like a charm. Very accurate and body roll is great.

A9AXUUlh.jpg

mkgpet5h.jpg

QDl8359h.jpg

b2Krs5oh.jpg

6w6gcKIh.jpg

One of the fun parts in building a crawler is accessorizing it. Got a roof rack for an MB G500. It's a little wider for the JB74 roof but looks ok to me. I also put two roof lights instead of the usual 4. I also installed a metal ladder at the back. Then added a few red accents.

8rqmIo0h.jpg

u2He5jih.jpg

dvUw1rWh.jpg

Z2K2mEHh.jpg

XnJk4mRh.jpg

Great job on the build!"thumbsup"

This is a cool looking little rig! It looks like it would be the perfect platform for a short wheelbase rig. Nice job on the scale accessories!

I've got an old Jeep JK body that's been on my shelf for years. I think this chassis would be perfect for it!

Great thread! Looking forward to seeing more!:)

Made a short video. Testing out the body roll after installing the steel roof rack and added a few accessories on it. I like how the body moves now on rocky terrain on my makeshift backyard mini trail.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-kvx6RC7XC8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back