• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

CC01 Beetle?

Uh oh, hope they fit. RC4WD 1.55’s fit on my Landcruiser, hope these do to. What is the mod in case they don’t? Thanks man!

TA02W knuckles (the "red knuckles") - they'll need shoulder screws and a different axle though they bolt right on. Adds 5 or 10mm per side, I don't remember exactly but any 1.55 will fit after. I can get parts numbers if needed. Might even be able to just use the upgraded low profile shoulder screws, they are flat on top and you'll gain some clearance.

I think you'll get away with it since it looks like those wheels have a good amount of offset, I know my SSD's don't clear but they are a bit deeper offset. Always good to have a plan B "thumbsup"

Pic from an old project, note the red knuckles:
20190425-101636sm.jpg

TA02W knuckles (the "red knuckles") - they'll need shoulder screws and a different axle though they bolt right on. Adds 5 or 10mm per side, I don't remember exactly but any 1.55 will fit after. I can get parts numbers if needed. Might even be able to just use the upgraded low profile shoulder screws, they are flat on top and you'll gain some clearance.

I think you'll get away with it since it looks like those wheels have a good amount of offset, I know my SSD's don't clear but they are a bit deeper offset. Always good to have a plan B "thumbsup"

20190425-101636sm.jpg

Gotcha. Thanks man! If they don’t fit I’ll hit you up for some part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20190425-101636sm.jpg

Wheels and tires came. OSRC you were right!. They fit perfectly. Loving the look. Makes me want to paint it primer gray with rust. Not sure how I want to paint it.
d6ed7b5449788fd48afbc177af967467.jpg

Took the shock spacers out and lowered it 5mm.
2b4a393b249916e823ab0ce8ed7e94f2.jpg

I don’t know if you can see the difference but it looks a lot better sitting here on the workbench.

7e42bf3093e4fc0d62113af64692ec66.jpg

Side bars came in. I like em. I ordered a Traxxas 2075x servo off eBay for cheap and it came with a servo arm. Waiting for it to come in. Keeping electronics as cheap as possible. Sticking with stock silver can motor. I’ll either get a Hobbywing 1060 or 1080 esc. I could go break open the Hotshot kit and steal the esc from that but I dare not open it yet or I’ll start yet another build lol. Plus I’m leaning toward the 1080 so if I want to turn it into a crawler I’ll have a good esc for that.

Back