• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

Those tires look sick on the Cop!!! 8)

thanks man. i have had these tires a few days now, it was getting to me.
i had to see what they looked like.
plus it fits the whole theme here...

good cop / bad cop.
RC4WD two face 1.9 tires.
GET SOME !!!!

progress

i tore it back down and was up a bit late last night.
i added a couple more tubes. nothing outlandish or loud.
i want to put a tail light/ tow point back there, and there was nothing to help protect it.

kejdia.jpg

9zllrm.jpg

2zomdrn.jpg

Great work bring this beast back to life"thumbsup" You're doing a hell of a job on the tube, nicely done. Thos extra tubes changes the look of it already. Good for you repairing the body and not just buying a new cab."thumbsup"
Keep the pics coming, I can't get enough, oh and the tires look awesome on the truggy.

thanks man... i have always wanted a yota too.

i moved on to setting up the floor.
the original floor was tin, but i wanted to add the center hump to cover the battery and see if i could hide the tranny and motor.

25ewuxd.jpg

172vqg.jpg

I like the added bars to the tail section and they should also help stiffen it up a bit as well.

The Styrene floor should make it a little easier to work with.

Keep them updates coming! "thumbsup"

YEAH MAN! this makes me want one of these too!

i hope you can hide the tranny in there, it'll give me some inspiration to do the same to my current build!

lookin realllll good!

thanks guys...
it's no clampy or atomic toy... but it's getting there.

those builds are my reference pages. lol i had wanted a yota for a year or two now, and when i was poking through the for sale section and found this sleeping beauty i had to have it.

it's a love story, and Jesus built my hot rod.
"thumbsup"

well now that i got into brazing... i need to find one of these.
:shock: "thumbsup"

531pxy.jpg

info ?
i'm not that crafty to make my own yet.

anyways...
it's not much, but here's another bit of an update.
i went back to work on the body here and there. i wasn't sure how strong those problem areas that i fixed were going to be, so i went back and added another skin.
1z2hbnp.jpg

nnm8w5.jpg

23vi7hz.jpg

then i went back to the cage and added the lower guard for the light area i want to put back there.
205dsnt.jpg

xba7va.jpg

input / feedback greatly considered.
thanks.

its looking good crunk...i cant wait to start on any of my toyota bodied projects... i have 3 hilux and a bruiser body waiting...lol and i didnt like the toyotas until recently..haha i'll get a pic of all of them up as soon as my newest one gets here from tamiyacowboy with my third bruiser frame..lol

well now that i got into brazing... i need to find one of these.
:shock: "thumbsup"

531pxy.jpg

info ?
i'm not that crafty to make my own yet.

I don't have time to search it right now, but someone had a build thread where they made a bender with some wood block and parts from a sliding door track...IIRC.

hey crunk about the bender, check out a dude on here named fastball, he makes a SWEET one, i'll be getting mine today or monday and let you know how it is. to me it looks to be the best available. i too have made a screen door roller one, and it works alright but is hard to duplicate stuff with.

The tube you added looks fantastic, and you are doing a supurb job on it! It might require a bit more work, but a transfer case would really allow you to do a full correct interior!

well it's been a few days, weather outside was nice and i got a few things done in the yard.
anyways...
i got to filling the back cab.
nothing fancy just strength and durability.
jphn5d.jpg

207ssg2.jpg

14xdkeu.jpg

i skinned it from the inside as well, just need to make the cut outs.
wrki2e.jpg

i also started to give the dash some love...
2b5ct0.jpg

and i have also been peeking at my lighting option. i have some more led's coming for this rig, and i needed to fix the old light bar for the roof. it had gotten broken when i took it off. i remembered i had a set of proline lights i had gotten in a trade over a year ago. so i cut the tabs off and filed the bottom of the bar smooth.
mt9urs.jpg

then i got to thinking. i hadn't had much luck with coming up with a cheap light bucket option. i looked at the spare separates that come with the proline kit.
looks like i have a date.
2dmgd3.jpg

2d9e0qs.jpg

8x0akx.jpg

ac65gj.jpg

thanks for looking "thumbsup"
next up is a bit of cab work and the floor.
i am not going to change the tranny location around in the rig after all. it was setup fine for this rig, and i have a few tricks up my sleeve to try to do my best to blend.

oh and i got a bender coming :mrgreen:
go more exo ?
ahahaaa.

Lookin good man! Where did you end up getting your bender if you don't mind me asking?

Back