• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

Yeah, like Peter said, I have zero patience, so it was ran a bunch before it was ever completed. It was black before I decided on the cop theme, and the cab was new for that build.

Bracing the rear like shown shouldn't heat up any other joints enough to be a problem, just clean the new joint sections down to bare metal and go for it!

Something that I noticed was never done, it might be a good idea to replace the trans case with an aluminum one. I mounted it originally in an odd way, and the plastic holes in the stock trans case loosened up all the time and eventually stripped out.

awesome info again, thanks !!!!
any pics of it with the 2.2's ???
i mean it's staying 1.9 for now... but would be cool to see more pics.

smores updates....
yummy !

fixing the windshield cowl in the center... most likely winch hook damage from snapping a winch line along the way...
142fvq1.jpg

xdvznr.jpg

2l88dgi.jpg

then it was on to filling the holes from the old roof lights, they were a bit trail beaten and needed new mounts. i opted for a whole new updated light bar, so these holes are obsolete now.
23vcpoz.jpg

cs20j.jpg

then i got a bit carried away with the DA sander and prepped the rest of the cab for paint. i ended up sanding all the original decals off it, so now it's up to me to update the look. maybe i can get something custom made ???

28qrwaq.jpg

9gy23r.jpg

106blmw.jpg

e7jc7m.jpg

rock cop wish list:
bruiser/hilux interior ... Dash/ steering wheel
RC4WD tranny
coilover shocks
headlight buckets/lens

next project... the back cab.
"thumbsup"

not much of an update, but here's the cage fully stripped and ready for new paint and maybe the braces as discussed.

28kuu9.jpg

2yk0xmx.jpg

szfwj7.jpg

now i'm trying to figure out what color to paint the tube work.
original color was dark gray.
"thumbsup"

Either powder coat it whatever color you want, or bomb can it a metallic color so when it chips and scratches off, it won't be so obvious! Just remember, tubework is constantly getting touched up/repainted, so make it easy on yourself, whatever you do.

FANTASTIC !!!!!

update.

ok i was having a hard time trying to braze this stuff together. like i said i had purchased everything to do it and didnt have much luck.
( so i thought )

well turns out that my local welding supply didn't have stay silv flux and they gave me stuff called stay clean. today i bring this stuff to my local airgas and they tell me that my flux is for aluminum.

what the flux ????

so here we go, right shit this time...
first attempt.
120gdp5.jpg

cha-ching.
you guys are right, using the right stuff is super easy.
:cry:

you can try some POR-15 for the cage coating, it comes in black and gray as far as i know and is nearly indestructible.

Awesome!! See not so hard after all. :mrgreen: Now don't go changing the whole thing because you found out how easy it is. :lmao::lmao:

I don't think its been mentioned here yet, and I was particularly proud of this feature of the rig, those tube doors are functional. Brazing those hinge mounts was a real bitch, too!

Back