• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buxom Melons: Class 2 VW Beetle

Re: Buxom Melons: 2-speed SCX 10 Monster Beetle

Great looking bug, iv seen alot of bugs on here but as far as i can tell IMHO i like this one best so far, keep modding it, because if you dont someone will come along and make one better ;)

Great looking bug, iv seen alot of bugs on here but as far as i can tell IMHO i like this one best so far, keep modding it, because if you dont someone will come along and make one better ;)

Thanks man "thumbsup"
I took 1st place in today's comp. I'll have some pics in a little while.

Things to do: lockers will be here in a few days, C*H*U*D spacers so I can run my oem's and I still want to go up a PL bug body size. It'll look better with the lwb body.
Soon, I'm gonna pull the Summit 2 speed and put it in Hera. I'll install my VP Dig in Mellons as soon as I get another set of RR trans gears.

That's because I let you! "thumbsup"

whatever gets you through the day man ;-)

Attachments

• Comp_1_08_12_A.jpg
    Comp_1_08_12_A.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Comp_1_08_12_B.jpg
    Comp_1_08_12_B.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Comp_1_08_12_C.jpg
    Comp_1_08_12_C.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,121

It's going to be a little tough to change a tire with that jack.

It's going to be a little tough to change a tire with that jack.

:lmao::flipoff:

all right then, welcome to the club "thumbsup"

actually, the spare tire is an issue for the bug. I've tried it on the hood a few times... it looks silly and really throws off my cog. I've thought about hanging it off the rear like the desert racers, behind an extended stinger, roof, across the rear window... non of these options are going to work.

How do you like running brushless? I am currently on a new build and I am thinking about brushless but do not want to put extra stress on my drivetrain.

I had a lot of fun with the VXL system. I did have to beef up the drive train to handle the power.
Once I started attending comps, I had to ditch the VXL. It's great for bashing but worthless in a comp setting.
That's not to say that other BL systems wouldn't work for comps. The new Tekin 4 Pole systems seem to do well with low end throttle control.

Finally read this whole thread.......... Is the VXL system too touchy? I am running it, and would like to run comps someday when I get things dialed in. Thanks for documenting your tech!!

I ran it all the way through a season of TTC comps. With the Summit trans, it was a contender in the sled pull, tank trap and mud pit... so so on the hill climb and terrible in the rubicon or any sort of technical area because it has no real break or low end throttle control.

If you already have it, you might as well use it. If not and you want to compete someday, invest in a Holmes Hobbies BR-XL and try out a few cheap or used brushed motors. Since the VXL, I've run a 45t and now a 55t. If I leave the Summit trans in, I think my next motor will be HH 45t Torque Master.
But, I plan to put the Summit trans in Hera (C3 TTC truck) and an Axial w/dig in Buxom Melons. I'll run a HH puller in Hera and a HH 35t/40t in Melons.

Last edited:

I got a set of C.H.U.D.S. spacers, nice product but I wish they were heavier... we need a stainless steel version "thumbsup"

I've been running a lot of weight in my wheels and it's worked well.
Last night I started mounting the Pit Bulls. I added 7oz's to each front and 5oz's to each rear... and that's not nearly as heavy as the comp wheels were.
We'll see how it does.

Last week when I got the spacers, I realized I'd lost 1 of my RC4WD hex's!
Not sure what I did with it, I had all 4 old pin hubs and 3 of the hex hubs. I must have taken it out of the ziplock for something and never put it back.
RC4WD was out of stock, but they came in today... so, $21 for 1 hex hub :evil:

Recently, I had been thinking about switching to Mayhem Double Fatties. I thought the black solid beadlock would look pretty sweet on Buxom Melons... and hold the Pit Bull's.

I'm really looking forward to running my Steelies again. I've talked with a friend that's going to try and make me some hub caps like the old moon wheels. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,303
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,748
  • dsc_8596.jpg
    dsc_8596.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 950
  • Spacer.jpg
    Spacer.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 962

Well I got the Underground Crawler spacers installed. Nice product but I did pull the Pit Bull out of the bead lock today though.

Yesterday I picked up the larger ProLine Slash bug body. It's a lot longer, I may need to move my bumpers out some... I hope not.

Last night I swapped out the Summit trans for an Axial with VP dig... but my front MIP's were to short the rear's to long! So I put the Summit trans back in but dropped down a pinion tooth size.

I also ran the 55t on 4s for the first time today. It broke a pin in the axle.

Attachments

• 2012-02-05 11.51.16.jpg
    2012-02-05 11.51.16.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,789
  • 2012-02-05 11.50.57.jpg
    2012-02-05 11.50.57.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 2012-02-05 11.48.32.jpg
    2012-02-05 11.48.32.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 920
  • 2012-02-05 11.49.08.jpg
    2012-02-05 11.49.08.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 978
Last edited:

I got a set of C.H.U.D.S. spacers, nice product but I wish they were heavier... we need a stainless steel version "thumbsup"

I ordered some stainless hardware for mine from RCScrewz. 3M x 16mm and some stainless standard nuts. That should keep keep it from rusting and look a little more like real lug nuts. Verified size with C.H.U.D. first.

Have you looked into the pinewood derby weights that are supposed to fit in the machined holes? I need to remember to look at Al's next time I'm over there. They've got a pinewood derby section. Might add that weight you're looking for.

BTW...still looks like it would be a little tough to change a tire with that jack. :lmao:

I was trying to find the weight on a few pine wood derby sites... couldn't find them.
I've been meaning to ask CHUD for a link... or at least a name/keyword to search with.

Are they out of their tungsten mind!
$20 for 3oz :shock:

Back