• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buxom Melons: Class 2 VW Beetle

Attachments

• 2011-09-24 16.58.37.jpg
    2011-09-24 16.58.37.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 2011-09-24 16.58.21.jpg
    2011-09-24 16.58.21.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • 2011-09-24 16.53.21.jpg
    2011-09-24 16.53.21.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,112
he's a little small I think, I'm looking for something else but I like the fact that this driver add almost 0 weight up high "thumbsup"

It might be a tad small, but doesn't have to be perfect... the look sorta just fits!

Weight up high is good... no one likes saggy melons!

Well, I think I burned up my first motor... or the brushes at least.

All day it felt kind of sluggish but we were running in a lot of leaves and mud so I thought maybe I was imaging it. By the end of the day it was obvious the motor was shot.

Die-Laughing is going to hook me up with a Epic 55T next time I see him. I hope it's before our next comp ;-)

I've been trying to figure out what motor to get.
I'd like a little more punch then the Intigy 45T so I was thinking maybe a
HH TorqueMaster 35 (1565 rpm/volt) to 45T(1210 rpm/vol)
HH CrawlMaster 20T(1500Kv) to 28T(1250kv)
HH Puller 10T(1800 rpm/volt)

Generally a higher kv motor will be faster. I'd go with maybe a TorqueMaster 35 or 30T, the latter is what I was running.

I've been trying to figure out what motor to get.
I'd like a little more punch then the Intigy 45T so I was thinking maybe a
HH TorqueMaster 35 (1565 rpm/volt) to 45T(1210 rpm/vol)
HH CrawlMaster 20T(1500Kv) to 28T(1250kv)
HH Puller 10T(1800 rpm/volt)

Generally a higher kv motor will be faster. I'd go with maybe a TorqueMaster 35 or 30T, the latter is what I was running.

People say the handwound's have more speed and torque than machine wounds and the 45T Integy was almost right with the 2 speed trans.

Plus, if I could safely run 4s on a 45T, that'd really increase the speed.
I'd like to be able to run 6s for the Sled Pulls... If I could do that, the 14T puller may be the way to go. Not sure I can fit it though.

Re: Buxom Melons: 2-speed SCX 10 Monster Beetle

I placed 2nd in the first course run of last weekends Polar G6 and then blew my front locker during the 2nd run :evil:
I placed 2nd to last once the average came in... it was really fun though.

Buxom melons is performing really well. I had the 2nd fastest run on the first course.
The 2nd... half way through, I lost my front driver side, made 2 more gates then lost the front passenger. I made it through 1 more gate with rwd but that was it.
I think I'll end up removing the Summit trans, go with an Axial and run her as a Class 2 since I have Hera to build for my C3.

Attachments

• Polar_A01.jpg
    Polar_A01.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Polar_A02.jpg
    Polar_A02.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,053

hey johnny if you need some back up motors let me know , ive got plenty of spares just sitting here"thumbsup"

I think I'll end up removing the Summit trans, go with an Axial and run her as a Class 2 since I have Hera to build for my C3.

+1 man!

But yeah, you had a great run on the first course!

Hera! Yeah.. Do Buxom as a class2 and see how she does? Maybe lighten it up a bit? I wanna see Hera run!

What gearing are you running with the summit? I just got a rig with it, installed my vxl and was unimpressed with the speed...

Very nice.
Thanks!

What gearing are you running with the summit? I just got a rig with it, installed my vxl and was unimpressed with the speed...
I just checked, the spur is a 32 pitch 68T and I'm guessing the pinion is a 14 or 16. I was going for torque when I set them up. I was pretty happy with the 3s VXL speed... actually, it was way to much as a crawler, fun bashing though.

The last two times out I:
Destroyed an Axial CVD.
Destroyed an MIP CVD.
I've been switching the rx between rigs, and once I replace my Axial knuckles with VP's, it really changed the steering throw... I may need to turn down the EPA's ;-)

So, I'm pretty sure I ordered the very last set of MIP Axial AX/SCX10 CVD's on the web... and they were a 4ws pack! :flipoff:

Here's a few pics of the MIP for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• mip1.jpg
    mip1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 920
  • mip2.jpg
    mip2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 926
  • mip3.jpg
    mip3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 919