• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

braune's Losi-Boxer-Shafty!

Did a bit Setup yesterday8)

Gives more weight on the front axle (steeper shocks pushing harder), the COG feels way better, too"thumbsup"
I just need to find some longer Rodends for the rear shocks (I think there are some laying around here in a box) to get the rear higher;-)

As dentonmac mentioned, I should outboard the rear shocks at the chassis.
So yesterday I outboarded them and tested them today.
It was bad, the flex at the rear was so too little. Not my taste.
I'll inboard the today again;-)

I'll do a mod today evening that dentonmac also did, get the shocks lower at the axle:) I hope you know what I mean"thumbsup"

Regards.

Bit setup... build a 4link plate by myself. Not that beautiful but it works really nice, the losi feels really stable now8)

I'll do a video this weekend:afro:

Well, here the pics

I also found a Gatekeeper GC3 chassis in a old box of my ex-shafty8) May I do some links and test it:flipoff:

I also found a Gatekeeper GC3 chassis in a old box of my ex-shafty8) May I do some links and test it:flipoff:

Been there, done that. Turns out the link lengths and locations are pretty similar between the GC3A and the LCC. And they're both similar aluminum TVPs. So my Gatekeeper Losi came out pretty much like an LCC and there wasn't much point to the conversion. But yeah, it worked....they both worked. ;-)

Nice work on your reader upper link mount setup!"thumbsup"

Thanks;-)

@WAM need to order some Traxxas M4 Rodends to test it. Also the skid is very old and has to much play (is this the right word?:roll:) at link positions and at the whole for fixing the tranny.... Do you know where I could get a new one?

Thanks;-)

@WAM need to order some Traxxas M4 Rodends to test it. Also the skid is very old and has to much play (is this the right word?:roll:) at link positions and at the whole for fixing the tranny.... Do you know where I could get a new one?

Here you go:

New Duratrax Skid Plate GC3A Axial AX10 Rock Crawler DTXC6627 | eBay

Or:

Amazon.com: DTXC6627

Or: Put DTXC6627 into your favorite search engine and see what turns up. But buy what you need soon. GC3A has been out of production for some time, so I imagine the parts will disappear one day.

Been there, done that. Turns out the link lengths and locations are pretty similar between the GC3A and the LCC. And they're both similar aluminum TVPs. So my Gatekeeper Losi came out pretty much like an LCC and there wasn't much point to the conversion. But yeah, it worked....they both worked. ;-)

Not surprised since Gatekeeper was consulted in designing the LCC geometry.

Has a Losi chassis on AX10 ever happened?

Yes, I did. An 18t bottomed out the stock motor screw holes with perfect mesh for me, but was just too large. Speed was awesome, but bottom end suffered just enough that something had to change.

I just elongated the motor screw holes, and ground down the housing where the motor hit. With the smaller pinion, my pinion screw now hit the lathed off gear, so I had to take that down a little more.

It was very easy, and took no time at all. Sounds like more work than it really was.

It is running very well.

Since the motor is moved so far in now, i may go back and take some of the outer edge off the motor plate. There is a lot hanging out now. Losing weight, right.

Yes, I did. An 18t bottomed out the stock motor screw holes with perfect mesh for me, but was just too large. Speed was awesome, but bottom end suffered just enough that something had to change.

I just elongated the motor screw holes, and ground down the housing where the motor hit. With the smaller pinion, my pinion screw now hit the lathed off gear, so I had to take that down a little more.

It was very easy, and took no time at all. Sounds like more work than it really was.

It is running very well.

Since the motor is moved so far in now, i may go back and take some of the outer edge off the motor plate. There is a lot hanging out now. Losing weight, right.

You may have to use a shorter set screw for the pinion,or if you go with 15t,-I found that Duratrax DTXC8345 have a smaller diameter where the screw is ;-)

I have taken a bit off the outer edge of the motor plate "thumbsup"

Update:

Parma XCiter body, black painted. Thanks to Triplefighter for giving me a XCiter8);-)

Also white-dot Rovers at the rear with Nova DD 5,24" Narrow Inner, Firm outer mounted to TLR disc rims. This handles pretty amazing"thumbsup"

Pictures:

Didn't think I would be a fan of the black body with white wheels, but that looks pretty dang awesome.

Why the switch from rovers/BCs to rovers all around?

Sorry if I missed it, where did you land on the pinion? I think I am liking 16T.

Back