• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Blowing up motors??? what to do?

Without an extended front output you're not going to fit that 68t spur.

ok so what do i need to order to make it fit exactly. I knew that thres was a possibility of having to take off the spur cover but was not aware of any other modifications to make it fit.

Try the 9t pinion first with the 21t motor and see how you get on. The 21t motor might sound like it has less torque, but because it's a longer, more efficient 550 can it makes more power whilst generating less heat. I think you'll be good without having to change the spur gear.

So pop went the titan 21 turn today after about 8 packs through it this is getting ridiculous at some point its not the motor anymore. but it's getting annoying so other suggestions as to what is going on? and yes I'm re gearing the gears get here tomorrow

Try being a bit more patient and observant of the motor temps perhaps.

Gearing was said to be the problem. You smoked another motor because you didn't change the gearing first.
Sometimes you can get away with it if you keep an eye on motor temps. s

So pop went the titan 21 turn today after about 8 packs through it this is getting ridiculous at some point its not the motor anymore. but it's getting annoying so other suggestions as to what is going on? and yes I'm re gearing the gears get here tomorrow

More oft than not, it boils down to operator error.

Back