• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

bilinvic's Twin Hammers

That's the way I designed mine, had to mirror the trans, but I can run a stock rear driveshaft and cut down Wildboar in the front...

4660f617cf4ca5dc8ab32a782f980e2c.jpg

92ee84cba8dc9d15a726018e20468beb.jpg

96dbf767f5cfa651f0ffccb2add7d2e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looks awesome, I'm trying to do something similar. Just few questions tho, are those mount 3D printed? ABS or PLA? And how have they been holding so far?

Also what's the approximate length of that wildboar drive shaft you use?

Looks awesome, I'm trying to do something similar. Just few questions tho, are those mount 3D printed? ABS or PLA? And how have they been holding so far?

Also what's the approximate length of that wildboar drive shaft you use?

It’s PETG, been holding up fine. Front driveshaft’s pretty short… less than 2” if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s PETG, been holding up fine. Front driveshaft’s pretty short… less than 2” if I remember correctly

Thanks, do you bash or mostly just for crawling? Printed mine with ABS and it broke after few bashing sessions lol.

Thanks, do you bash or mostly just for crawling? Printed mine with ABS and it broke after few bashing sessions lol.
I originally printed my trans adapters through Shapeways when I was selling them. Their nylon and SLS process is far superior to FDM prints in just about any material. Cool to see a few guys still playing with the Twin platform though. Keep rockin it fellas!

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

I use mine mostly for crawling. So no issues here yet.

Gotcha, that makes sense haha.

I originally printed my trans adapters through Shapeways when I was selling them. Their nylon and SLS process is far superior to FDM prints in just about any material. Cool to see a few guys still playing with the Twin platform though. Keep rockin it fellas!

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

Thought about getting those that's being sold on Shapeways but shipping + taxes cost 3x of the actual part itself (to where I'm at). I figured I'm just gonna design my own and get it printed at a local printing shop, was pretty surprised that whole thing cost 1/3 of what's being sold on Shapeway lol.

Tbh I wanted an Axial Yeti XL/Score (cuz it shares lots of parts with the wraith/scx10 which is much easier to find here) but nobody sells it here/have it up for sale. My TH is a used unit and that took me months to find a decent one.

I think eventually, I'm gonna build this to a hybrid TH front end + SCX10 rear end along with the chassis cuz majority of the parts are coming from China (the clone TH?) and US.

Back