• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best scale starter?!

Airforcewrx

I am looking to get into crawlers and I have a brushless slash already but I don't know a lot about all of the choices of crawlers. I'm looking for a 1/10th scale crawler that can also be quick to drive around. I'm not worried about actual crawling as much as having a normal geared truck I can mount a proline cherokee body on. Anyone have models for me and upgrades that would be necessary for what I'm wanting? Thanks!

I was seriously looking at the scx10. But should I get one without motor and put a faster motor? I have heard they are crawling and slow when you buy them.

i got a tamiya toyota hilux with a 3 speed tranny for my first rig... that being said if i had it to do over again, i would stay away from the tamiya stuff and i would build one ... sounds like you want something ready to go tho... i would say go with a rc4wd trailfinder 2, its a kit and not a ready to run but i bet you can find a built one on ebay for a little more than the kit costs... they are very scale and they perform surprisingly well (i dont own one but ive seen one in action "thumbsup")... or go with something from axial... lots of options search around :mrgreen:

your best bet is to check out the rig specific threads on here and see what interests you. then watch some vids on you tube to get an idea of what each truck is capable of. but you cant go wrong with an SCX10 or a Wraith, both are durable, fun , and have a ton of aftermarket support.

Back