• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best axles for SCX10ii

Crunch

Looking for the best axles for a SCX10ii. The factory axles are holding up fine but I'm looking for something a bit stronger and heavier to add some more weight down low. My brother has a couple of vanquishes and I'm really digging the currie axles. I know those are strong, and vanquish makes a set to fit the scx10ii. I guess what I'm looking for is other options, not ruling out the curries at all, just want to weigh all my options before I drop the $.

Looking for a set of metal axles. Must be a solid axle, none of those that are screwed together at the center section, that just seems like breakage waiting to happen.
Prefer something that is made to fit under an SCX10ii, really not looking to adapt anything.
Appreciate any feedback from the members in advance.

I have both the SSD Pro44 and SSD Diamond axles on two of my SCX10 ii. The tubes are metal, the pumpkins are Injection molded nylon. They also sell aluminum diff covers for the Pro44. They're also same width as the stock AR44 axles. I think the diamond axles have more ground clearance.

For $24.99 each Its a great, low cost option. You use the stock AR44 internals, so you have nothing extra to buy. "thumbsup"

SSD Diamond rear axle

SSD Pro44 rear axle

*Edit* Just saw you don't want the screwed in the center axle. I'm not sure of other one piece design axles. These seems strong and I am not worried about them breaking. Just my .02.

Last edited:
Those exact axles were the reason I posed the question on here. They look strong, and I probably would buy a set if I wasn't so hard on my truck. Currently I am considering some KYX axles which are 1 pc alloy with an integrated truss. I'd really like to hear how those axles are holding up after a season of hard use.

In all honesty, if you had a poor experience with the SSD axles being 2 piece, by all means look for a solid axle, but I have used a few versions of the Pro44's and their are many places that will fail before the connection point between the axle tubes and pumpkin. For the money, the SSD'S have the most options with offset fronts or centered, front and rear specific tubes (with or without the need for lockouts), axle tubes with and without integrated link mounts, metal diff covers, Pro vs Diamond, brass or aluminum knuckles, multiple other weight options, overdrive gears and other parts keeping one brand in the axles at less cost than many other brands. The reviews of the SSD Pro and Diamond Pro axles are actually quite good durability wise.

That being said, if you don't mind throwing down the money for a set of Curries... those are beautiful and would make you smile every time you looked at them. They just weren't worth the $ on looks alone for me. I couldn't be convinced that their was a functional advantage now that SSD's look pretty darn scale with integrated link mounts and offset axles. The correct hardware to close up the metal diff covers seals the deal on realism.

The kyx brand is the same as extra peed and boom racing and integy and austar or whatever china name you come up with are all the same there all made in the same place i have more than a few sets my self and realy like them i wont buy aluminum axles they dont slide well alloy is better but still dont slide like the plastic but the center of gravity is worth it in my opinion

Back