• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks

I set my axles up with the stock gears and VP trans cases and motor plates do I need to replace the bearing in the link mount as well? Or should I replace the link mounts with VP parts as well?

Let me edit my question here I did some reading and answered my own question on the link mount but I haven't seen anywhere that people are changing this bearing. Do I need to put a bushing here?

You'll need both the link mounts and the upper axle halves from VP if you want to replace that last little 8mm bearing with a 10mm one. A lot of guys just use a bushing from either VP or Traxxas in that spot.

I was driving today and my two outside screws holding the servo into the servo mount striped out. Is there any aftermarket aluminum ones that anyone recommends.
I did find some on ckrc but would like to stay away from there.

You can try Golden Horizon... Their parts aren't the best, but they do offer a metal servo mount that seems to work pretty well.

if you have a aluminum servo mount for like a ax10 you can use one of those with a vp front link mount which comes with a aluminum servo mount but just the side towards the middle of the axle..

If you strip out your wheels bead lock screws 4-40 X 1 1/4 stainless steel counter sunk screws work great

Picture017.jpg

If the wheels are new and have never had a screw in them, will the 4-40's thread in easily and is 1" in length long enough (24.5mm=1.0")?

Brandon,
Are you still running the wraith rear lockouts? If so, did you have to modify axels (shorten, lengthen) or were you able to use different axel part #'s? I found one thread showing cutting & braising the long side. I think this would destroy the integrity of the axel strength.
Thank you.

any body know where to get anodized screws for the beadlocks? 4-40 thread, 1'' to 1 1/4''

Hello Guys, Are there any place i can still get a XR10 kit ?

Found my kit a couple of weeks ago on EBAY... seller Name "RC_GO" I know sounds dodge but it was sent really quick, with no issues & with all the factory seals! "thumbsup"

I also have a questions though what would be the best pinion gear count to run with 55T Holmes motors, I still have not received them as yet but want the gears ready for when they arrive...

Back