• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial Capra

Ok now take to some rocks and let me know how it crawls! Lol this should be interesting

Throw some paddles on it and hit the beach!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Throw some paddles on it and hit the beach!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
With 2.2s, and large diameter paddle tires, I think this would make an excellent "beach buggy". Funny thing is...while I'm still a crawler newb, I was already considering getting a second Capra (as my third crawler...although, I plan to wait several months, for Axial to work the "bugs" out), and so just that. When you live in the SF Bay Area, and have countless beaches between San Francisco & Monterey, how can I resist...well, unless anyone can suggest another crawler-buggy that would make an excellent "beach buggy"..........

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

With 2.2s, and large diameter paddle tires, I think this would make an excellent "beach buggy". Funny thing is...while I'm still a crawler newb, I was already considering getting a second Capra (as my third crawler...although, I plan to wait several months, for Axial to work the "bugs" out), and so just that. When you live in the SF Bay Area, and have countless beaches between San Francisco & Monterey, how can I resist...well, unless anyone can suggest another crawler-buggy that would make an excellent "beach buggy"..........

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Here ya go for a beach buggy. https://www.ebay.com/p/664299464?ii...MI98m_jPKH5QIVmo7ICh1vwwOfEAQYBiABEgJVvPD_BwE

Copy and paste pic to Word and resize to 8.5” width. The length will autosize to 11.7”. When it prints it cuts off the bottom 1/2” or so.

Open pic in MS Paint. Print setup, adjust to 100% size, reduce margins as small as possible, and print.

d02734ecc28ac421239e358b87366e58.jpg

Last edited:
Uh...thanks, but no thanks. One, that's a kids toy. Two, it reminds me of the Banana Splits buggy...lol

It is a body for the Traxxas Slash. Likely the most popular basher of all time.

It is a body for the Traxxas Slash. Likely the most popular basher of all time.
My bad. I just took a look at the photo, without reading what it actually was. Serves me right...lol

What batteries are you guys running in the Capra?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I'll be using two different batteries, from two different brands...not that I've actually test-fit them (my build isn't 100% finished, tho they're both smaller than the battery Axial "recommend". For 2S, I'll be using Reedy WolfPack 2S Hard Case Shorty 30C LiPo 3000mAh. For 3S, I'll be using Gens Ace Adventure 3S High Voltage 50C LiPo 3600mAh.

It doesn't look right with 1.9" tires. It also doesn't look right with such a wide track. It needs narrower-offset hubs.
As a former photography major, the photos are "misleading". This is because they appear to have been taken fairly close, work a "standard" or "wide-angle" setting. Using the 'front view' photos, if you focus on the rear of the vehicle, you'll notice that the stance of the wheels/tires, compared to the frame, isn't as wide as the photos make it appear.

If someone who's already completed their Capra could take a photo from a further distance, using a telephoto setting, this would help to show what I'm referring to. As mine isn't complete, I'm currently unable to do this myself.

.030" is pretty standard for heavier bodies. Not crazy thick though.

Scotch-brite the inside before painting it. Oval guys do it to .030 all the time to lighten the bodies. Dont even notice the the scratches after its painted.

Now, if Axial would re-release the XR10, I'd be all over that. I really don't understand why they refuse to re-release the XR10. Even if that style of comp crawling isn't popular anymore, there are still people who want a cliff-climber just for fun.

Its still popular :twisted:
But the XR axles, as much as i love them, do need some design improvements. But we can only hope this paves way to a new MOA down the road.

Holy loud transmission Batman... :shock:

Mine is loud as hell on the bench. But there are a ton of metal gears in there so I'm not too shocked.

Welcome to 32p ..... you boys been spoiled with 48p SCX tranny's lol :lmao:
Grease, lots of grease :mrgreen:

It doesn't look right with 1.9" tires. It also doesn't look right with such a wide track. It needs narrower-offset hubs.

You get used to the look after driving it a bit. Currently it has shit hubs which are supposed to be .400" from the pin and I just got some narrower hubs in to test. It's still wide because of the XR width axles though. Pitbull has a set of 5.1" 2.2 tires that might be cool to try out, or JConcept's 4.9" 1.9s.

As a former photography major, the photos are "misleading". This is because they appear to have been taken fairly close, work a "standard" or "wide-angle" setting. Using the 'front view' photos, if you focus on the rear of the vehicle, you'll notice that the stance of the wheels/tires, compared to the frame, isn't as wide as the photos make it appear.

If someone who's already completed their Capra could take a photo from a further distance, using a telephoto setting, this would help to show what I'm referring to. As mine isn't complete, I'm currently unable to do this myself.

Gee now we're getting in depth. I have a 55-200mm I could take the pics with but I just used the 35mm because I was taking pics for the build on the bench and just opted to swap the tires on and take the pics from there as well. In order to to what you're proposing I'll have to find a good spot like 12 feet away from the rig and try at 75mm maybe. My prediction though is that it will only make the cage look a teensy bit wider and make the tires look more head on and "fix" the rear width, otherwise it's still wide with my current hubs on.

I’m baffled that people think 1.9s look too small. I’m even more baffled that this is an issue for some. Buy the freaking wheels and tires you like!

Its still popular :twisted:
But the XR axles, as much as i love them, do need some design improvements. But we can only hope this paves way to a new MOA down the road.

Ooh portal moa. :drool:

I’m baffled that people think 1.9s look too small. I’m even more baffled that this is an issue for some. Buy the freaking wheels and tires you like!
Simple solution - put 1.9 tires on 2.2 wheels.

Back