• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ax 10 im a little confused

Flexing really oddly? Like has old age set in? Not working as good as it used to?

say i go up to a rock with the right side first the suspension will not articulate at all but if i do the same with the left tire it will instantly articulate. and it doesnt seem to be bonding. could it be the cheap plastic lower links ??

Not sure... Try this; remove the shocks. Then compress and release the shocks individually between your fingers. Note how they compare to each other in both directions.

If they are drastically different in performance, then you've ID'd the problem.
You may need to drain+refill the oil...?
Make sure springs are the same...?
Make sure preload spacers (if any) are in same position...?
Make sure shocks are mounted in the same place on each side...?
When you flex the truck, see if anything hits/rubs anything else...?

The cheap links are not likely to be the prob. They could limit flex, but not be so different from one side to the other...

say i go up to a rock with the right side first the suspension will not articulate at all but if i do the same with the left tire it will instantly articulate. and it doesnt seem to be bonding. could it be the cheap plastic lower links ??

This is a direct result of 'torque twist' which results from the torque between the transmission and the axle. It's a well known issue with almost all shaft driven trucks. There is too much info to post here, but there is many, many threads about it.

Sorry to say, but you need to search the forum for 'Torque Twist' and read a lot, try to understand it, then you will have some ideas how to reduce it's effects. Search in the General Tech section or the AX-10 Tech section.

Cheers.

Sounds like classic torque twist...

if it's not torque twist, make sure your link isn't pushed up against the driveshaft when it articulates. good luck

Back